House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R K

Google's 'always Listening' Phone

In other news, Industry Analysts suggest innovation is bad for competition and endlessly discuss the next move that they are A: not privy to and B: couldnt possibly understand

Every conversation you have will then be logged into google's databases. I assume their purpose is just for better targeted adverts, but it still is a little worrying.

Every conversation you have will then be logged into google's databases. I assume their purpose is just for better targeted adverts, but it still is a little worrying.

Analysts:

Buy Anne Summers and Lube manufacturers.

"Users have large screens, they have voice control - so at the end of the day what may attract users to replace their current smartphone is a completely new experience. In my opinion, it's one of the biggest trends of the next year."

In which case it won't be long before someone you're standing next to in a bar, supermarket, street, will be 'listening' .........

In which case it won't be long before someone you're standing next to in a bar, supermarket, street, will be 'listening' .........

and...the phone, when stolen, will nag the thief incessantly to take it back home.

Guess that'll be a useful feature once purchased with the optional rucksack full of batteries.

The Wired article on it is worth reading. It sounds like they thought of that. It has a dedicated chip just for listening out for those words while powering down most everything else.

Still not getting one though. My latest China phone is pretty good - even if it's likely to be listening out in a different way. Still if the Chinese secret services are desperate to see my "I'm on the train" texts they can knock themselves out.

Don't see why anyone in their right mind would want this but that's true of mobile phones in general. It'll probably sell millions and reinforce my opinion of the complete and utter idiocy of large portions of the human race.

I'm thinking of getting an old Nokia to use as a phone (that never needs charging!), and getting a 3g/4g tablet with me.

Or just get one of those 4g wifi dongles. But that's probably a bit annoying too.

Can't I just have a brain implant? Powered by my own dung?

I power my brain up each morning by breaking down some tea and toast.

Is your brain 'always listening'?

I'm thinking of getting an old Nokia to use as a phone (that never needs charging!), and getting a 3g/4g tablet with me.

Or just get one of those 4g wifi dongles. But that's probably a bit annoying too.

Can't I just have a brain implant? Powered by my own dung?

Was watching 'Mrs Biggs' last night. She used to call him from public phone boxes to avoid her calls being traced.

Halycon days.........

I swear I will die an Amish man if technology continues to become invasive.

FWIW the heads of Google stated several years ago that they were ultimately creating an AI over the Internet that they hope will be inditinguishable from humans. Tracking everything is part of building a database for future reference to any questions and eventually a memory bank for referencing when forming thought. It's all about striving toward singularity with technology from here on out. Next is Google glass, then google chip, then google AI then singularity I reckon. May not happen for another 100 years but sooner or later the cyborgs will render human bodies inferior and ultimately "not needed". I suppose in the end it all comes down to whether consciousness can be quantified.

I think its in the new Total Recall film where mobile phones are embedded in you. I can actually see people going for that, especially if it was in the form of a tattoo.