House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Britain Overtakes Germany To Become Ferrari's Biggest Market In Europe

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/10216838/Britain-overtakes-Germany-to-become-Ferraris-biggest-market-in-Europe.html

The manufacturer delivered 415 cars in the UK in the six months to June 30, a rise of 6pc. This demand from consumers made Britain Ferrari's leading European market in the period, overtaking Germany, where 388 cars were sold, up 1pc.

The Italian company saw sales fall in its home market, to just 116 cars in the first half.

Ferrari's decision earlier this year to limit the sale of its sports cars to protect the brand's exclusivity has driven trading and net profits, the company said in a statement.

A result of worlds uber rich buying up London?

Guest eight

I've seen a couple of them up here.

Me too. But £50K - £100K cars are ten a penny. I also saw my first ever current registration Rolls Royce the other day, and I'm in Darlington!

Your looking at more like 150k - 250k for the current range, a dealer near me has a couple of 400k F40s in ...

I read it as apart from the lonely couple of Ferraris, he had also seen lot`s of lesser, but still expensive, 50k to 100k motors.

I could be wrong though.

I read it as apart from the lonely couple of Ferraris, he had also seen lot`s of lesser, but still expensive, 50k to 100k motors.

I could be wrong though.

Saw an old one on the motorway last night, I'm not enough of an afficianado to say which one(or whether it is worth much).

Was passed by an SLS AMG last week too, they are ~£150k.

Dunno why you'd want a car whose capabilities are so constrained by the practicalities of public roads.

Edited by cheeznbreed

It's always worth a small smile to see a brand new Ferrari stuck in a traffic jam amongst the traffic and tarmac fumes at road works along with all the old banger cars.

It's just a surprise that the article doesn't claim outright that a few Ferraris shows a healthy economy.

Edited by billybong

Guest eight

I could be wrong though.

No that was what I meant. Could have explained myself better I agree.

Porsches, top end Audis and BMW's and RR Sports everywhere. Mercedes M Class too. I haven't got a clue how they are funded.

Ferrari...cars were sold, up 1pc.

woop de woo !

Soon they'll all be Teslas :unsure:

Tesla sales beating Mercedes, BMW and Audi

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/13/autos/tesla-sales-bmw-mercedes-audi/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAxtOwo8S8w&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

All very practical, when going round the North Circular! :blink: