House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geezer466

How The Bankers Got Away With It

http://www.independe...ny-8742235.html

The chairman of the Serious Organised Crime Agency resigned today after he failed to declare he owned a private company with his wife, who works for a global consultancy firm involved in security and investigations.

Sir Ian Andrews informed Theresa May, the Home Secretary, that he would leave his position early after weeks of damaging revelations over the crime-fighting body in The Independent.

Soca is facing urgent questions over why it failed for years to tackle more than 100 blue-chip clients of corrupt private investigators, including law firms, banks and celebrities.

How singularly unexpected that a senior copper suckles at the creamy teat of the private security industry.

This is the problem with highly paid positions like this and bankers. They earn such a large amount of money in such a short time that they don't care what the result of their actions are.

If that guy was paid somewhere around 50k per year he would be fearful of losing his job and perform better!

For my money, blaming bankers is the same as blaming people who welcomed 10% HPI when it hit. Nobody knew what it meant and nobody cared. Very few people have kicked over the traces and even fewer have tried to see what the wreckage has to tell us about what is coming next. The bankers didn't get away with anything. We paid them well for stories of how promises given cheaply would make us all rich.

We paid them for the promises. The question of whether or not those promises would come true is a secondary and unrelated matter.

For my money, blaming bankers is the same as blaming people who welcomed 10% HPI when it hit. Nobody knew what it meant and nobody cared. Very few people have kicked over the traces and even fewer have tried to see what the wreckage has to tell us about what is coming next. The bankers didn't get away with anything. We paid them well for stories of how promises given cheaply would make us all rich.

We paid them for the promises. The question of whether or not those promises would come true is a secondary and unrelated matter.

No, I pay them to regulate and prosecute.

They use their paid positions to prevent regulation and prosecution.

Who mediates this contradiction? Elected representatives.

I have never voted for a successful parliamentary candidate. So it's all my fault.

No, I pay them to regulate and prosecute.

They use their paid positions to prevent regulation and prosecution.

Who mediates this contradiction? Elected representatives.

I have never voted for a successful parliamentary candidate. So it's all my fault.

It's the fault of i) pollies and ii) the electorate (as a mass).

It's the fault of i) pollies and ii) the electorate (as a mass).

Bankers are simply ambulance chasers, the blame should clearly be laid at the autocratic policy makers, bankers may buy their compliance but ultimately it is the policy makers that make policy. Id have thought it pretty obvious now given that now bankers wont playball the policy makers have stepped in directly to make the loans rather than hiding behind bankers. As for the mass electorate, not sure how they can be blamed when the democratic majority for decades now have refused to mandate a representative. Therefore there is no actual democratic legitimacy to the policymakers who make the policy so clearly the blame is with the Uks autocracy that refuse to recognise democracy.

Edited by Maria Gorski

Bankers are simply ambulance chasers,

No they are not- Bankers have been given the power to create money out of thin air- and with that power came a responsibility. They chose to abuse that power of credit creation to serve their own short term interests by using it to finance speculative bubbles rather than sound wealth creation.

They failed at the one thing that they were supposed to exist to achieve- the wise and productive investment of the worlds capital.

And having failed they were then bailed out by the very people they have impoverished- and now are embarking once again on a greed Fuelled binge that will inevitably lead to more pain and more misery when their latest batch of schemes and tricks unravel.

Bankers have been committing fraud. Outright fraud. eg selling securities as a good investment, while at the same time putting on bets that they would soon be worthless. When they become worthless, they make a lot of money. That is fraud.

Also insider trading. Also stealing clients money. Also forming monopolies.

The bankers could all go to jail even now, if the government prosecuted them.

Bankers have been committing fraud. Outright fraud. eg selling securities as a good investment, while at the same time putting on bets that they would soon be worthless. When they become worthless, they make a lot of money. That is fraud.

All go jail...what all of them? Even those poor dears who take your cheques over the counter? I suppose we could put them all in jail, but then the cash points would turn off, you would not get paid, shops would not be able to accept money and the country would descend into chaos within days. But hey ho,if that is what you want, who i am to argue?

All go jail...what all of them? Even those poor dears who take your cheques over the counter? I suppose we could put them all in jail, but then the cash points would turn off, you would not get paid, shops would not be able to accept money and the country would descend into chaos within days. But hey ho,if that is what you want, who i am to argue?

Not all of them- only the ones who committed fraud- most of those would be at the higher levels- not working on the counter- but you, of course, already knew that.

Not all of them- only the ones who committed fraud- most of those would be at the higher levels- not working on the counter- but you, of course, already knew that.

Get with the program only proles commit fraud. It's called miss-selling if one of the financial elites commits fraud a "mistake". It's also a terrible terrible accident, hence we should only force them to pay back a small percentage of what they stole gained from the "mistake".

That way they can slap each other on the back, congratulate themselves on what good law-abiding fellows they are, then at the end of the day go out and buy a Porche.

People think the big issues are what they see on the news. No outrage because they think banksters just made 'poor decisions'

Tonights BBC non-news headlines...

1) Zimbabwe election (what the hell has this got to do with us?)

2) Iran election (what the hell has this got to do with us?)

3) Mary Beard 'trolled' (not even news)

Meanwhile, millions have been stolen by banksters in the preceeding 24 hours. Not a word.

Agreee 10000000000%.......