House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

Experience Of Ups Parcels Company? - Are They As Bad As That? How Do They Stay In Business?

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews80029.html

I've been waiting several days for them to do a pick up of a faulty electrical item for return under warranty, and they don't give a sh*t and never come to collect it when stated, either that or it is too much hassle for the driver to get out and knock on my door rather than just say I wasn't in when I was

anyone else experienced this organisation - how do they stay in business if they are so bad?

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews80029.html

I've been waiting several days for them to do a pick up of a faulty electrical item for return under warranty, and they don't give a sh*t and never come to collect it when stated, either that or it is too much hassle for the driver to get out and knock on my door rather than just say I wasn't in when I was

anyone else experienced this organisation - how do they stay in business if they are so bad?

Used them many times (although through an agent), they have always collected when they said they would and delivery has been the same standard.

I did have a problem with the last thing I sent, went all the way to the US before they decided they were prohibited goods and they returned them, despite the fact I had accurately described the goods on the order and sent similar items many many times. But that was the only time I have ever had a problem with them and consider it a one off.

Having said that while the stuff I send is private, it is collected from my work address, if you were out in the middle of nowhere then I'd imagine their commitment to coming and picking up might be a little less prompt.

I send fragile stuff all over the world with UPS. They are currently my favourite courier. They have never broken anything nor failed to deliver very quickly. Low price too.

Not impressed. They left my perishable parcel with a neighbour [about 200 yards away] who was on holiday and forged my signature to say I'd received it. No card through the letterbox. Neighbour returns 2 weeks later and wonders what's the smell on his porch...Still waiting for UPS to stump up compo. Not impressed. :angry: They must be ultra cheap.:blink:

In my experience UPS is one of the best couriers. I never had a bad experience with them.

DHL on the other hand is (in my experience) one of the worst. :angry:

I have used UPS for a few years now and have sent many parcels with them. They haven't lost a single parcel I sent with them. Touch wood.

As far as I am concerned they are the best Couriers in the UK (also better than Royal Mail) by far. No one comes close.

Had several deliveries from interlink, they send you an email they have received a parcel for me and day of delivery...the day before I get an email giving a 1HOUR time slot....all the deliveries have been made at or just after the start of the slot...

impressed.

If I want an expected City Link delivery to arrive, I just go sit down for some food...they always deliver at that moment.

We'll often pay more to avoid using UPS when an online store offers that option. I don't mind having to go to pick things up from a courier depot because we're not in, except UPS is only open two hours a day and when you get there you discover it's still out on the truck because even though you told them you'd come in and collect it so don't send it out to try to deliver again, they just ignored you.

Never had a problem with UPS! I like the ugly brown vans, which are specially made for them, so they don't frighten children! ;)