House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Skydrive Were You Confused Over Branding?

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/383398/microsoft-drops-skydrive-name-after-sky-lawsuit?

Microsoft has said it will change the name of SkyDrive following a lawsuit from Sky.

Earlier this year, High Court Judge Mrs Justice Asplin ruled that the cloud-storage service infringed Sky's trademark, saying there was "a likelihood of confusion in the average consumer".

It's not been revealed what SkyDrive's new name will be, but Sky is giving Microsoft "a reasonable amount of time" to work out its branding after the software company said it wasn't going to appeal.

I wasn't confused about it, anyone else?

blue sky this morning...

fubra will have an auto correct on the word Sky soon...I wonder what they will choose to correct it to?

I always get confused when people talk about that blue stuff up there. Wish they would call it something different.

EDIT: curse you Bloo

I was talking about the useage meter on my Microsoft Server Storage.....It is easy to get confused.:D

I did actually assume it was from Sky when I first heard about it but alarm bells were ringing because I didn't see it fitting with their strategy.

I think Sky has a fair point.

I did actually assume it was from Sky when I first heard about it but alarm bells were ringing because I didn't see it fitting with their strategy.

I think Sky has a fair point.

Got to agree. I'm a skydrive subscriber, and whilst not exactly confused I did think it an odd name given the obvious link to the other Sky.

I could see how some people may be confused.