House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

long time lurking

Keisre Report Last Night

Let me guess, gold is going to soar?

Err.. yep ..but papper could be defaulted on ,if the guy interviewed is right the UK taxpayer (via BOE) has been bailing out the comex clearing houses for a few weeks now

Let me guess, gold is going to soar?

The great thing about gold is that whatever is happening to the price; soaring, nosediving, poodling along to the corner shop for a newspaper and a pack of fags, it's always a buying opportunity.

I'd suggest a google of Coughlan Capital / Andrew Maguire.

The same person made a similar claim on the same program in April.

Seems to be a variation on Keiser's 'buy an ounce of silver and bankrupt JPM' scheme.

That ended with silver collapsing from $49 to $18.

DYOR.

The great thing about gold is that whatever is happening to the price; soaring, nosediving, poodling along to the corner shop for a newspaper and a pack of fags, it's always a buying opportunity.

Quite, i cant remember reading "now is a good time to sell"

I'd suggest a google of Coughlan Capital / Andrew Maguire.

The same person made a similar claim on the same program in April.

Seems to be a variation on Keiser's 'buy an ounce of silver and bankrupt JPM' scheme.

That ended with silver collapsing from $49 to $18.

DYOR.

Shoving 'Max Keiser Comex default' into the search engine of your choice will indicate that predicting an imminent Comex default has been a hobby of Keiser's for years now.

He might get it right one of these days. Not sure if anyone basing their savings or investment strategies on his antics will still be solvent by then though.

if it has a price, someone is buying it B)

He might get it right one of these days. Not sure if anyone basing their savings or investment strategies on his antics will still be solvent by then though.

To be fair he's been right for a very long time. He was in gold massively from 2000 onwards I believe. Up massively in terms of investment (if you consider gold an investment; which I don't.

The same goes for silver. I was buying it when it was £3-4 an ounce on Ebay. Gold was £230 an ounce.

To be fair he's been right for a very long time. He was in gold massively from 2000 onwards I believe. Up massively in terms of investment (if you consider gold an investment; which I don't.

The same goes for silver. I was buying it when it was £3-4 an ounce on Ebay. Gold was £230 an ounce.

Yes, he was bullish about PMs back when the prices were relatively low. As discussed previously, he was also calling the Euro as the future world reserve currency round about the same time.

The one call I give him credit for being well researched, well reasoned, well supported and timed such that it was useful was the impending collapse of Iceland and the associated forex carry trade. He was spot on when few other commentators were covering the subject.

He's on the ball regarding where things are headed IMO, but he continues to make the mistake of trying to time events. We know as HPC'ers that timing is very difficult. I mean, by logic housing should have dumped significantly in price back in 2007 - 2009 due to fundamentals. Government and Banking sector intervention trumped fundamentals though and they've managed to keep it propped up despite what the consumers want/need in the current climate. When this kind of meddling occurs how can you put a time frame on when fair price can be achieved? Either there has to be a forced change in policy or the math has to get so far out of whack that it is no longer manageable.