House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crashmonitor

Favourite Television Series ?

This is mine.......

From 1973-76 ATV Thriller.......you always love the stuff you grew up with best. Spawned pale imitations in Hammer House of Horror, Tales of the Unexpected and Armchair Thriller. But this was the Daddy topping the viewing ratings in the UK and the US.

From 1973-76 ATV Thriller.......you always love the stuff you grew up with best. Spawned pale imitatiosn in Hammer House of Horror, Tales of the Unexpected and Armchair Thriller. But his was the Daddy topping the viewing ratings in the UK and the US.

No memory of yours at all.

Mine was House of Cards.

http://youtu.be/X4N0yfWvrD0

Excellent still.

:)

Completed series:

• The Wire

• Generation Kill

• Rome

On-going:

• Game of Thrones

• Breaking Bad

• Homeland

All the top HBO shows apart from the Sopranos. Why not the Sopranos? That was fantastic.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is the best TV show of all time though.

Impossible to say. It is akin to asking what is the greatest piece of music, film or work of art.

Yep, the title wasn't very good. I have edited to 'favourite television series'.

All the top HBO shows apart from the Sopranos. Why not the Sopranos? That was fantastic.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is the best TV show of all time though.

I just wanted to list the top of the top.

IMO, they've the best 6.

Hard to name an outright favourite, but I would like to mention a couple of very good, apparently forgotten comedy series:

Brass

The Riff-Raff Element

Brass was brilliant. Unfortunatley never been able to find any episodes on Youtube.

Hard to name an outright favourite, but I would like to mention a couple of very good, apparently forgotten comedy series:

Brass

The Riff-Raff Element

Indeed Timothy West was brilliant at manipulating peasants, a tale for our times...he even complained that the peasants were lucky to view his castle where as he had the misery of looking at their hovels. That put paid to their demands for housing improvements and they went home happy.

millions of hours of production and this is all we can come up with.

House

Sopranos

Rome

Doctor Who

tastes change as one gets older but loved all the Gerry Anderson stuff and Space Patrol..

Battlestar Galactica....the first three episodes or minimovies were just so new and atmospheric...

The books are good.

Never even heard of this one, but the music in the trailer is rather good. Sci fi meets English village is always a good combo. One of the best children's series in the 70s was Children of the Stones about a village gradually getting taken over.

See if this will embed:-

Edit. and the Children of the Stones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWMjegykSSg

The TV series of `The world at War` will always stay with me. I used to watch with my Dad. The theme tune was haunting and beautiful. Compelling

Narrated by Sir Laurence Olivier....