House Price Crash Forum

Is It Game Over?

Spoony

HOLA441

It can't not happen.

Government is going to risk all to hold off until 2015. Base rates are only going up not down. A sizeable demographic has to cash out to retire in next few years - that will become a stampede for the door. Credit will cost 9%+ in 2016.

Under 40s won't want a property - and when they get in to government are going to be taxing the arses off the older generations as payback for the mess they've been left.

Property won't be a pension - and the state won't be giving you one either - we'll be the generations that mortgaged their future and they're not going to let us forget that.

They'll keep going until they are taking food directly from peoples mouths, if they are allowed to.

The only limit on the rentiers is peoples ability to put up with shit, and we are a long way off reaching the point where people start to seriously argue the toss.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I've got a 3 year respite from all this misery - as you can see, I've been here forever as well.

I now live at a house owned by my boomer parents - they purchased my grandmothers house in the original right to buy scheme back in the 80's - the house has been done out and I can save now for 3 years, but I don't expect much to change myself in the market by that time. They quite simply will stop at nothing to keep this beast alive. I'm voting UKIP at the next election only because they will deal with the 'supply' problem by stopping immigration which essentially is what keeps this pozi scheme running. I simply won't vote LIBLABCON again, they're all masks on the same face.

That's my theory too. Lifelong conservative voter, never again

HOLA443
HOLA444
I expect prices to fall 30% to 40%, in nominal terms, before the end of this decade.

Urm, plenty of folks said that last decade! I think people need to think long and hard about why their crash projections the best part of a decade ago were wrong and how the same thinking can be right today.

HOLA445
It is a holding pattern now until after the next general election.

Whatever the outcome of that the dam will burst just after (if it hasn't happened just before).

Plenty of folks were saying this before the last election. Why will the next election burst the dam when the previous one didn't?

HOLA446

Urm, plenty of folks said that last decade! I think people need to think long and hard about why their crash projections the best part of a decade ago were wrong and how the same thinking can be right today.

They've borrowed and spent the thick end of a trillion quid in the last five years holding up house prices. The annual interest on the national debt is forecast to hit £80bn by 2018. Want to guess what that figure will be if they borrow and spend as much again in the next five years? I don't know for sure but I'd guess it would be something close to £200bn. We'd have to close the NHS and the state pension scheme just to cover the interest on our debts. Cheaper to let the housing market crash and let the banks recoup their losses from the BTL cohort.

uk-debt-interest-payments-total.png

HOLA447

They've borrowed and spent the thick end of a trillion quid in the last five years holding up house prices. The annual interest on the national debt is forecast to hit £80bn by 2018. Want to guess what that figure will be if they borrow and spend as much again in the next five years? I don't know for sure but I'd guess it would be something close to £200bn. We'd have to close the NHS and the state pension scheme just to cover the interest on our debts. Cheaper to let the housing market crash and let the banks recoup their losses from the BTL cohort.

They will close the NHS and the state pension scheme first.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

They'll keep going until they are taking food directly from peoples mouths, if they are allowed to.

The only limit on the rentiers is peoples ability to put up with shit, and we are a long way off reaching the point where people start to seriously argue the toss.

Dream on, they are fighting a losing battle against deflation, the supermarkets have to price stuff to sell or it stays on the shelf, the only limit on the rentiers is peoples ability to pay, my rent has just dropped fifty quid a month. The sheeple are a long way off arguing the toss about the stuff that gets debated on here because they don`t know it exists,but given the right provocation the British sheep will go mental in a heartbeat, the VI`s and Controllers are all about soft sell here, "pay a lot for your house, because you are worth it" that sort of thing, they won`t do overt confiscation of "wealth" because they know what will happen. Globalisation means someone will always pop up to supply a need or a product, the problem for the VI`s is getting sheeple to take more food and consumer-stuff into their mouths.

HOLA4412

OK, I`ve thought ...for about 2 seconds. Ten years ago was the START of the bubble, not a time to be predicting crashes, and there are limits to what they can do NOW, at the end of the bubble. The props can`t last forever, despite what some might have you believe. Those who STR in 2003 pulled the trigger far too soon.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I have often talked openly about what I do for a living on this site. It ain't banking or even remotely connected with finance.

Various people here can consign your unworthy speculation above to the dustbin.

Fair enough.

Sorry.

You still talk like a banker though :-)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

[/b]

Dream on, they are fighting a losing battle against deflation, the supermarkets have to price stuff to sell or it stays on the shelf, the only limit on the rentiers is peoples ability to pay, my rent has just dropped fifty quid a month.

Supermarkets don't have to be there. hows your tax billm, btw? is that coming down at all?

The sheeple are a long way off arguing the toss about the stuff that gets debated on here because they don`t know it exists,but given the right provocation the British sheep will go mental in a heartbeat, the VI`s and Controllers are all about soft sell here, "pay a lot for your house, because you are worth it" that sort of thing, they won`t do overt confiscation of "wealth" because they know what will happen. Globalisation means someone will always pop up to supply a need or a product, the problem for the VI`s is getting sheeple to take more food and consumer-stuff into their mouths.

If you say so!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Well I bought in Jan-2010.

10% deposit on a £120k house aged 26.

Next door went for £140k earlier this year.

The payments were tough at first, but after 2 years they fell to a reasonable £550 per month (North West UK).

I thought they’d crash when I bought but I also was tired of renting. I am in no rush to move and even with a baby on the way will not be moving for a while.

The tri-force of LIBLABCON will always be “business as usual”. Just as Obama brought more of the same in the US after tricking the gullible. If we were in the Euro it would be a different game all together, but with our own currency, we will keep printing and inflating. It’s the easy option.

On reflection I am glad I bought. But I do realise I will be working till I am 70 to pay it off and move up the ladder onto a proper family home.

HOLA4419