House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

So Green Energy Is About Company Profits

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23475584

The European Commission says it has reached "an amicable solution" with Beijing in a row over imports of Chinese solar panels.

Both sides have agreed a minimum price for the panels, EU Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht said.

The dispute erupted after the Commission - the EU's executive arm - imposed temporary anti-dumping levies on the imports.

It argued that Chinese firms were undercutting rivals.

China is the world's largest producer of solar panels. Its exports to Europe totalled 21bn euros ($27bn; £18bn) in 2011.

Both sides have agreed a minimum price for the panels, EU Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht said.

Didn't they used to call that racketeering?

The words "cartel" and "price fixing" come to mind!

In other news, Trade ministers agreed trade tarrifs were a dangerous thing of the past.

Technically, a racket is any illegal money-making scheme that is performed more than once.

The words "cartel" and "price fixing" come to mind!

Good point, ten points MrPin :lol:

Minimum price?

Must be more dangerous than alcohol, which escaped it ...

Yes it is! I could fit a frame of solar cells in my garden, with a grid-tied inverter, and feed power into the grid, and my meter would go backwards! I would get a zero bill and NPower has my surplus for nothing! Despite the fact they got my electricity for free, I think they would say it to be illegal. They would rather bill me for their electricity, rather than having me making my own! :blink:

Despite the fact they got my electricity for free, I think they would say it to be illegal. They would rather bill me for their electricity, rather than having me making my own! :blink:

You have to ask their permission, and provide proof that your equipment complies with legal requirements; your supplier will then have to get permission from the local network operator.

In general, however, most netowkr operators don't object to connecting solar panels; but the grid has not been built to have energy injected into it from homes, and energy networks have little or no "reverse power" capability. If there are already a significant number of solar panels in an area, permission to connect more may be refused by the network operators, because the grid may not be able safely to absorb their power.