House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ologhai Jones

When Björk Met Attenborough?

Channel 4: When Bjork Met Attenborough documentary.

Björk and Sir David Attenborough have long admired each other's work. In this remarkable documentary they explore our relationship with music and how it exists in the natural world.

I've been trying to think of a more apparently random and mismatched pairing, but my imagination has failed me.

Channel 4: When Bjork Met Attenborough documentary.

I've been trying to think of a more apparently random and mismatched pairing, but my imagination has failed me.

They presumably move in different circles but I don't think that makes them mismatched. I guess it depends on whether yoiu like Bjorks music or not.

One of my favourite Attenborough tales:-

BBC2 had a troubled launch in the 1960's, and was promoted by an idiotic logo -- a kangaroo and its baby named Hullabaloo and Custard

bbckangaroos.jpg

When, after a year, David Attenborough became BBC2's channel controller his first act was to kill off the "bloody Kangaroos", which he called "demented public relations".

Ronnie Corbett and Alice Cooper are great friends in real life, though both being avid golfers may have a lot to do with it.

I'd forgotten about that.

The surrealest media moment of the 80s, bar none.

Literally dozens of pictures featuring Jimmy Savile in the company of sundry others do also spring to mind.

I saw a trailer for it. Looks like an interesting show, i'll be watching.

Fell asleep watching it. Turned out to be a massively long tedious and gushing advert for Björks new album.

Ronnie Corbett and Alice Cooper are great friends in real life, though both being avid golfers may have a lot to do with it.

That's precisely the kind of wild combination I was trying to come up with for my OP.