House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

B B C: "cause Of Cat Allergy Uncovered"

Well I for one am hoping so. I've had cats all my life apart from when my last one died and I had a break for a few years. Four years ago my son brought home Django (see avatar which is a dead ringer for the cat in the article, a Maine C00n) The cat has bonded mostly to me and he will be staying when my son moves out but unfortunately I have developed an allergy to him for some reason so I'm unable to cuddle or groom him without suffering a massive coughing fit. It would be good if they can come up with a solution.

I had an allergy test after having had a long standing cough and am not allergic to cats or house dust. Which is great news for someone who relies on cats to dust the furniture.:-)

OK, I will. I am pretty good at getting seemingly hetrosexual men to admit their latent homosexual urges :blink:

Fine, but don't tell him that or are you looking for spanking?

Ghastly things :angry:

Ah there's a few people that say that, but I don't get it! I never kept cats, but a lot of people do! They usually just sleep a lot! :huh:

Allergies do come and go. I was really allergic to cats in my youth along with some other things (e.g. straw, grass pollen)

Always wanted a cat, but it just wasn't possible. Or so I thought.

Our first cat just "came to live with us" 12 years ago. Allergies initiailly - mostly sneezing. Seemed to get better and then go away over a couple of years.

Allergies tested two years ago - cat allergy very minor. House dust mite - major allergy. Didn't have that before.

Our second cat was put up for adoption because someone in the household had developed a cat allergy - allegedly, so we took her.

I still suspect that the fact we have had cats for so long basically beat the allergy into submission.

We now have two cats and I can't say that I notice any allergic reactions to either of them.