House Price Crash Forum

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/story/36180/

"I hope and believe that we will see an end to the anger and destructiveness of banker-bashing and of course we can speed up that process as banks do more to take on apprentices and engage with charities and above all by showing that banks are the lifeblood of the economy, and that it is thanks to banks that we have cancer cures and drugs for alzheimers and it is thanks to the confidence shown by banks that London exports," he said.

I am utterly speechless.

Oh goodness, it's equally thanks to bricklayers and ice cream vendors, rather a tangential point

I don't think Tories realize just how unelectable Boris would be as party leader, he'd be like the Tory Neil Kinnock

Oh goodness, it's equally thanks to bricklayers and ice cream vendors, rather a tangential point

I don't think Tories realize just how unelectable Boris would be as party leader, he'd be like the Tory Neil Kinnock

Aaaalll right!!!! :lol:

Boris it not losing it, he knows full well that it is the bankers that are keeping everything else in business....until there is an alternative, London survives by the will of the bankers. ;)

Like it or not, that could well be your PM in 2020 after Milliband and Clegg are unceremoniously booted out of office following another 5 years of lame inaction and declining prole living standards. However, Boris is nothing if not opportunistic, so if going around saying "the City of London is a great asset to the UK" is an election loser by then he'll transmogrify into Banker-Basher-in-Chief.

Edited by Dorkins

How many drugs and businesses are not around thanks to banks' death finanacing, market manpulation ans shprting the shit out of those companies that do not have a viable credit line at any time in their operation.

These parasits nowadays destroy more than they ever help create. The real investment money is not the banks's either - it is their customers' money. The banks often lay side bets against those customer interests, holding the purse strings brings all sorts of ways to manipulate a market and gorge your own bonus pool at the expense of others.

With him as party leader all the other parties would need to do is play a recording of him saying the above in a party political advert, and the tories would be down 50 seats.

and above all by showing that banks are the lifeblood of the economy

That was misquoted I'm sure- what he meant to say was that 'Banks feed on the lifeblood of the economy."

I love this idea that the banks create the single largest crisis this country has faced since world war 2- but we must not say bad things about them.

What would they have to do to qualify for a bit of verbal abuse- launder money for drug barons and terrorists?-oh wait- they already did that.

Or maybe we could complain if they carried out the single largest fraud in history by rigging the Libor rate?- oh no- they already did that as well.

How about if they ripped off thousands of people by miss selling them PPI- or conned SME's into buying Interest rate swaps they did not need?

no- they all that too.

Come to think of it there's probably nothing the bankers could do that would cause Boris to cease supporting them- unless they stopped bankrolling the Tories I suppose- then the gloves might come off.

that it is thanks to banks that we have cancer cures and drugs for alzheimers

and dangerous nutjobs like Boris Johnson, Daivd Cameron and Gidiot.

I used to like Boris, but I lost all faith in him after the recent Question Time. Buffoonery [sic] spreads only so much to then becoming completely out of touch about what you are talking about. And on housing in London, much like his predecessor Ken Livingstone, they are both completely clueless.

That was misquoted I'm sure- what he meant to say was that 'Banks feed on the lifeblood of the economy."

I love this idea that the banks create the single largest crisis this country has faced since world war 2- but we must not say bad things about them.

What would they have to do to qualify for a bit of verbal abuse- launder money for drug barons and terrorists?-oh wait- they already did that.

Or maybe we could complain if they carried out the single largest fraud in history by rigging the Libor rate?- oh no- they already did that as well.

How about if they ripped off thousands of people by miss selling them PPI- or conned SME's into buying Interest rate swaps they did not need?

no- they all that too.

Come to think of it there's probably nothing the bankers could do that would cause Boris to cease supporting them- unless they stopped bankrolling the Tories I suppose- then the gloves might come off.

Like Sartre and the Communists there's no infamy great enough to tarnish the love affair.

German and Italian banks should move to UK if FTT introduced, says Boris Johnson.

Boris Johnson has called on major European banks to consider relocating their headquarters to London if Europe goes ahead with plans to implement a financial transaction tax.

The Mayor of London said that banks across the Eurozone were likely to flock to the UK if the European Union went ahead with the new charge, which would tax trading by financial institutions.

"I would advise German, Italian and Spanish banks to move their HQs here to London so that they can escape the tax on their operations around the world and as for the French, they are already here," said Mr Johnson.

[continues...]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/10196280/German-and-Italian-banks-should-move-to-UK-if-FTT-introduced-says-Boris-Johnson.html

... and then we nuke it?

............it is thanks to banks that we have cancer cures and drugs for alzheimers

Why they keep on trying to get UK people to become scientists and engineers becomes even more of a mystery when it's bankers to thank for cures etc.

Next he'll be saying what a good idea Help to Buy is - even some in the banking sector have called that moronic.

Edited by billybong

I used to like Boris, but I lost all faith in him after the recent Question Time. Buffoonery [sic] spreads only so much to then becoming completely out of touch about what you are talking about. And on housing in London, much like his predecessor Ken Livingstone, they are both completely clueless.

I never really believed he would win when he ran for Mayor.

But then that was to underestimate the dislikeability of Ken.

Plus, I'm not really into London politics so missed most of the important aspects.

I'd really, really like to think he would stand no chance as PM.

But then California has Arnie, and we're going the same way in terms of "celebrity is more important than talent".

I always thought he was/is a buffoon and nothing he keeps saying convinces me that he may have a large intellect :o but he seems incapable of engaging it before coming out with utter stupidity. And then his drawl winds me up as well. :D

A U235 bomb of 20 kilotons yield produces an area of Complete Destruction of about one Square Mile.

Just sayin'.

Shhh Prism is watching...... :unsure:

Elitist toss pot! Don't forget whose club he's in. What an insult to the educated people who have made all our lives easier - not one of them a spiv banker!

I never really believed he would win when he ran for Mayor.

But then that was to underestimate the dislikeability of Ken.

Plus, I'm not really into London politics so missed most of the important aspects.

I'd really, really like to think he would stand no chance as PM.

But then California has Arnie, and we're going the same way in terms of "celebrity is more important than talent".

What's important to his chances of becoming leader is the clout and depth of pockets of those who would back him to be 'their man' - nothing to do with what the public think. They are so sheep-like that they won't care if he's parachuted in and they can be manipulated over time by the mainstream media to think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Hence his cosying up to the banksters.