House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zugzwang

Eu 'good For Uk' Govt Review Finds

EU = uncontrolled mass immigration = soaring house prices.

Lib, Lab or Cu_nt, they all love Europe. The Tory press will be onside before 2015.

http://www.telegraph...view-finds.html

EU is good for Britain, Government review finds

Membership of the European Union is good for Britain, the first part of an official review has found.

By Christopher Hope, Senior Political Correspondent 5:07PM BST 22 Jul 2013

William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, published the first six of 32 review documents examining Britain's relationship with the European Union.

They cover the single market, health, development co-operation and aid, foreign policy, animal health and welfare and food safety, and taxation.

Despite some concerns in the reports, officials acknowledged that the current balance of competences between the EU and member states were broadly appropriate.

The reports found that the economic benefits of being inside the EU were "appreciably greater than they otherwise would be".

The reports are a blow for the Eurosceptic wing of the Conservative party who were hoping that the review would provide evidence supporting withdrawal from the EU.

Tory MP Peter Bone said the report was a "Whitehall whitewash" that should prompt the Tories to abandon the coalition and seek to repatriate powers alone.

He said: 'This sounds like a Whitehall whitewash. This is a government review, not a Conservative Party review. There is a clear split between the prime minister, who believes we should have an EU like the Common Market and Nick Clegg, who believes it should be like the USSR.

'While there's a coalition we're not going to make an serious progress. We should fire Clegg and govern alone. This exercise was an irrelevance. It is completely predictable that the Foreign Office would arrive at a pro-EU conclusion."

Douglas Carswell MP said he was not surprised that the reviews had failed to say that membership of the EU was damaging Britain's interests.

He said: "What would be truly shocking would be if they did not think that being part of this wretched club.

"The whole point is that the bureaucratic elite of this country have always loved Europe – they took us into the EU. We need a referendum so 60 million people, not just Sir Humphrey can have the final say."

Conservative MP Priti Patel added: "I am surprised because other research and Government data has demonstrated that they are some obvious barriers and hindrances that need to be addressed in the workings of our relationship with the European Union."

Nigel Farage, leader of the UK Independent Party, said the reports were "a futile and cynical PR exercise" by the Coalition.

Edited by zugzwang

[citation needed]

Reliable figures on annual migration patterns from other member states to the UK, and from the UK to other member states, with net effect please?

(For extra credit: Account for the economic impact of pensioners who want medical care moving to Spain, while young already-educated professionals move here, pay taxes, then go home before they claim back)

Well I never the turkeys voted to ban Christmas

I think all the other parties know UKIP have painted them into a corner concerning a in out EU referendum so it will be all out EU ramping from now on, let the brainwashing commence

Lib, Lab or Cu_nt, they all love Europe. The Tory press will be onside before 2015.

The fear propaganda has begun. The vested interests are busy priming. pre-EU unemployment = 1 million. After 41 yrs being in it = 2.45 million. They only have one argument and that is fear of losing out with either investment or jobs. All of it is pure baloney. Nobody will stop a full trade agreement being in place so the Eu can carry on sending us 60% of our imports in exchange for only 40% of our exports.

If you said to the average member of public, "so long as you can carry on trading with Europe, would you prefer to come out and avoid being opart of the United States of Europe?" A large majority would say, lets leave.

BRITISH POLITICS IS BROKEN OVER THE EU. BOTH LABOUR AND CONS HAVE HALF THEIR PARTY FOR AND AGAINST.

[citation needed]

Reliable figures on annual migration patterns from other member states to the UK, and from the UK to other member states, with net effect please?

(For extra credit: Account for the economic impact of pensioners who want medical care moving to Spain, while young already-educated professionals move here, pay taxes, then go home before they claim back)

I doubt you will get an answer.

If the eu is so good for the UK people then for sure lots of people will vote in favour of it and no doubt people will take into account the official report and its official conclusions.

They should arrange the vote straightaway. If they get on with it the results could be out just before Christmas.

Edited by billybong

I doubt you will get an answer.

The UK economy is a pyramid scheme based on mortgage origination. Every pyramid scheme depends on an exponentially rising return. Either everybody makes a bigger contribution, or the population of contributors goes up, or both. Lib, Lab and Con have used every fiscal and monetary trick at their disposal to prevent the pyramid from collapsing: from financial repression and the Bank of Mum and Dad, to BTL speculation and mass stealth immigration. Only one party, UKIP, is explicitly committed to giving the British electorate a choice in the matter. The only serious downside risk to the UK leaving the EU that I can see would be a govt debt default. Since I believe the UK is already irretrievably bankrupt (and a menace to Europe, moreover) the sooner I can short this pig into extinction the better. My enemy's enemy is my friend.

Similar exercise to the recent report by MPs exonerating the Spy Network from spying on us all following the Snowden revelations.

As NL said, start with a conclusion and go all Hernman Goering.