House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dangermaus

Crb Check Required To Rent House

It's not law. Perhaps they looked like paediatricians! ;)

Special big-framed specs? :huh:

I believe they are 'required' for unsupervised work with children and vulnerable adults, i.e., so that you can be allowed in a room by yourself with these groups.

Of course, it was a knee-jerk reaction to Soham, probably added quite a bit to GDP, but didn't really have much to do with common sense and the reality of dealing with truly bad people and the management of risk.

No reason whatsoever for a landlord to require this, nor should he be able to access the information.

It looks like ex teachers' accommodation. Could it be attached to the main school building with an adjoining door and shared back garden? Imagine living that close to a school, enough to try the patience of a saint.

It looks like ex teachers' accommodation. Could it be attached to the main school building with an adjoining door and shared back garden? Imagine living that close to a school, enough to try the patience of a saint.

Maybe you're expected to act as the school caretaker as part of the rental deal.

I was talking to a middle-aged woman the other day. She was talking about selling up and moving, because she was fed up of having to leave the upstairs curtains drawn all the time. Her house overlooks the school playing fields, and there have been complaints from the pupils that they can sometimes see people in the bedrooms - therefore the house dwellers must, by definition, be pervs ogling them. The whole street apparently now never draws their bedroom curtains.

I was talking to a middle-aged woman the other day. She was talking about selling up and moving, because she was fed up of having to leave the upstairs curtains drawn all the time. Her house overlooks the school playing fields, and there have been complaints from the pupils that they can sometimes see people in the bedrooms - therefore the house dwellers must, by definition, be pervs ogling them. The whole street apparently now never draws their bedroom curtains.

I'd leave the curtains open, and put up a huge poster of Jimmy Savile.

I'd leave the curtains open, and put up a huge poster of Jimmy Savile.

Lol but I would have suggested window tints for the bottom half or so of the 1st floor windows.

Obviously a street full of perverts and skivers.

We really have descended into the rabbit hole.

there have been complaints from the pupils that they can sometimes see people in the bedrooms - therefore the house dwellers must, by definition, be pervs ogling them.

I'd guess that this complaint actually came from paedo-obsessed teachers, not pupils.

Surely the correct response shoudl be a Pink Floyd "The Wall' poster?

I'd guess that this complaint actually came from paedo-obsessed teachers, not pupils.

Perhaps a poster of a naked person.

Then, when the teachers complain, complain back that the teachers are Peeping Toms and peering into private bedrooms.

Guest eight

Since my daughter started school I've found it very refreshing to find out how wrong all these Daily Hate paedo obsession stories actually are. I've been to all kinds of events and even on trips and I'm pretty sure nobody is thinking that of anybody else.

Being in the company of lots of children also shows you just how ******ed up in the head paedophiles must actually be. Never mind the sexual element - children, especially other people's children, are pretty trying once you have to spend extended periods of time in their company. My hat off to teachers, although I'm sure the pay and holidays do compensate somewhat!

Perhaps a poster of a naked person.

Then, when the teachers complain, complain back that the teachers are Peeping Toms and peering into private bedrooms.

Indeed.

There was someone bitching on FB that someone was staring out of their window on our street ... I don't know why I didn't point out that to notice someone is staring out you have to be looking in...