House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

Chuggers

I was strolling in the sun in my local High Street when I passed a man shouting "Free sweets!". I walked past but I then gave in to temptation. I turned back. "What are you promoting?". "Jesus" he replied, handing me a leaflet. I picked up a sweet and said "Thank you, Jesus." and went on my way.

Fiar's fair, I had the free sweet, so I read the leaflet. Can't say it steered me away from my agnosticism.

100 yards down the street was a posse of chuggers, one of whom descended on me with faux cheeriness. I interrrupted her rehearsed spiel and asked her "Have you welcomed Jesus into your life?"

"er..."

"Here, read this" I said, handing her the leaflet, and walked on, leaving her dumbfounded.

I think Jesus might have done that, himself!

The Lord moves in mysterious ways etc.

:blink::lol:

Possibly denying his "chosen people" a bacon sandwich, and a seafood paella!! I had better eat this quick before the Rabbi comes round

I was strolling in the sun in my local High Street when I passed a man shouting "Free sweets!". I walked past but I then gave in to temptation. I turned back. "What are you promoting?". "Jesus" he replied, handing me a leaflet. I picked up a sweet and said "Thank you, Jesus." and went on my way.

Fiar's fair, I had the free sweet, so I read the leaflet. Can't say it steered me away from my agnosticism.

100 yards down the street was a posse of chuggers, one of whom descended on me with faux cheeriness. I interrrupted her rehearsed spiel and asked her "Have you welcomed Jesus into your life?"

"er..."

"Here, read this" I said, handing her the leaflet, and walked on, leaving her dumbfounded.

Great story

To be honest I prefer the Bible thumpers on our local High Street who at least offer you a free cup of coffee and a biscuit in the local Tabernacle while they try to bring you to Jesus rather than the chuggers who just want to cynically lift the cash from your wallet so they can get a cut.

It might be worth getting a supply of those leaflets

"er..."

:):) Very good.