House Price Crash Forum
GloomMonger

Shameful House Building Standards

I was just reading about the murder case in Wales, where Carl Mills set fire to his girlfriends porch trapping and killing her, her daughter and her mother upstairs. Tragic case, but I often wonder why people don't jump or throw a mattress out the bedroom window and drop the baby out. Then I saw a photo of the house!

9352127-1-1-522x293.jpg

Why oh why would anyone design and build a house like that? A disgrace!

pre empting the return of the window tax ?

There are more than a few housing estates like that in S wales ............One that springs to mind is lansbury park (phase 1)in Caerphilly and Boveton , near LLantwitt ...a social housing council dumping ground .....for all those difficult families over the decades ....... Built by John Laing in the 1960's and named after Labours Gerorge Lansbury It won no end of awards for being the future of high density , low cost of construction social housing , minimal roads ..and only alleyways between a large percentage of the housing leading to a rat run warren of crime that the police had difficulty driving into ....... by the late 70's it was a place to avoid , , drugs , anti social behaviour , prostitution etc .....A really badly failed housing experiment .. It still exists ...but the internal blocks of flats have been knocked down to lower the density somewhat .

The politicos involved need a severe horsewhipping .....but the reality is they strolled into a golden plated retirement with pats on the back and fat cheques......

^^ shocking. :blink: There is an estate near me that are built like that. Houses that are wide enough but with 'portholes' for windows Honey Close/Venales Close, Norwich if anyone wants to 'Streetview' it.