House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swissy_fit

Modern Language And Chatting Up Of Young Women.

The ubiquitous "Blurred Lines" is on the radio all the time, this is what prompted this line of thought.

I can't help feeling that if I'd approached a young woman in the eighties and had said

"Yo' the hottest bitch in this place" that it wouldn't have gone well.

Apparently now it's considered a bit cheeky but if delivered with a smile by a suitably handsome young man, it could be OK.

Just me getting old I guess.

Oops sorry mods should have been OT.

Maybe, but I think they are looking for the guy who is, or better still, is acting like HE`S hottest thing in the place, and I think even approaching them is seen as weakness. IMO the program that women are running is now out of control because of the "Princess" and "You`re worth it" top up programming from the media, and because the planet is overpopulated anyway the "Breed with the Alpha guys" thing is obsolete. You just need to look at teenage mums on the bus with a baby on their lap and a face that says "Umm, what should I do now" :lol: to see this. I feel sorry for women sometimes, especially the ones who are trying to conform to the "Untouchable Super C*unt" image the magazines give out, hard to live up to when you just feel fat :lol:

Guest eight

The ubiquitous "Blurred Lines" is on the radio all the time, this is what prompted this line of thought.

I can't help feeling that if I'd approached a young woman in the eighties and had said

Apparently now it's considered a bit cheeky but if delivered with a smile by a suitably handsome young man, it could be OK.

The brunette out of the video might just be the hottest bitch who ever lived.

Think I`ve just twigged the video we are on about, yes watched it a couple of times to make sure they were as hot as the first time I saw it. The little act wears off after a while, don`t know if the video is meaning to be ironic or trying to really get attention, this stuff is why girls up and down the land spend their time pouting at bus stops waiting for men to notice them (Is it just me or are men much more indifferent to women than they used to be?) and seem to have zero personality and social skills, plus no sense of humour, a bit of a bad deal really :lol:

Think I`ve just twigged the video we are on about, yes watched it a couple of times to make sure they were as hot as the first time I saw it. The little act wears off after a while, don`t know if the video is meaning to be ironic or trying to really get attention, this stuff is why girls up and down the land spend their time pouting at bus stops waiting for men to notice them (Is it just me or are men much more indifferent to women than they used to be?) and seem to have zero personality and social skills, plus no sense of humour, a bit of a bad deal really :lol:

Well I for one haven't twigged what video you are talking about - but the end of your post suggests that it's probably a Party Political Broadcast of some sort...

XYY

Don`t think my link works, but from the comments, which backs up my earlier thoughts .....

"That's exactly what I don't get. People wanna listen to good music, yet they listen to this´╗┐ kind of crap... I'm imagining that the main group of people listening to this is 14-15-ish teens (mainly chicks), so they probably don't know any better. But, whatever floats your boat, right?...

More comments; "No wonder why I haven't been getting attention from guys! I'm always fully dressed.´╗┐ I know now to go out in my bra and thong!

:o Don`t worry honey, as long as you don`t try to be a SuperC*unt like the magazines tell you, you will do okay.

Ah, I see - the second link.

Prefer the blond - long legs.

Yeah, I like the dark chick, the whole thing must be a piss take I think, but the girls stand out in the mass of MTV chicks and that gets hits and downloads? The song is still pretty shite though, forgettable like most mainstream music.

Agreed. But I feel sorry for the bloke in the video whose only job is to shout "woo!" every few seconds. It's not exactly Alpha, is it?

Naa.

Lots of beauty, sure, awesome figure, dances and pouts like a teenage girl playing in her bedroom in front of the mirror. A young model doing her first pop video I'd guess.

Like a bit more muscle, filth and skill myself, to each their own.

Naa.

Lots of beauty, sure, awesome figure, dances and pouts like a teenage girl playing in her bedroom in front of the mirror. A young model doing her first pop video I'd guess.

Like a bit more muscle, filth and skill myself, to each their own.

Think she did Ford adverts as a teenager? One of the other girls is quite high profile as a model as well, they are not the best actors around, they should have got Meryl Streep, Juliette Lewis and maybe Julia Roberts to do a silly dance in the background :lol: They are obviously playing to the demographic (teenage girls) who have been brainwashed into how they should be acting to get Robin Thicke and his Big Dick to come on to them :lol::lol: Pure nonsense really, why are we discussing this again?

What an absolute bowlax song...Why on earth would people part with actual money for that dirge...

the "Untouchable Super C*unt" image

I've not heard it put like that before, but that's a great description :D

Reminds me of a friends lament from a few years back, I just want a man who has a job, maybe a car, who doesn't owe me money, is that so hard?

She moved up North and is now happily married with children.

Have you been to Essex?

I think the word 'bitch' in the eighties meant nasty backstabbing and gossiping unpleasant woman, rather than the modern definition:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=B-I-T-C-H

So no, my guess is, it wouldn't have gone down very well.

But even if the word did have the modern definition, all compliments to women, given with a view to get them into bed, should be of the back handed variety. So, whilst you might say "Yo' the hottest bitch in this place" you would then pause and follow up with something like "but the competition here ain't up to much".

That sort of thing always used to work for me, and having wasted many hours browsing http://heartiste.wordpress.com/ it seems I was doing the right thing.

I think the word 'bitch' in the eighties meant nasty backstabbing and gossiping unpleasant woman, rather than the modern definition:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=B-I-T-C-H

So no, my guess is, it wouldn't have gone down very well.

But even if the word did have the modern definition, all compliments to women, given with a view to get them into bed, should be of the back handed variety. So, whilst you might say "Yo' the hottest bitch in this place" you would then pause and follow up with something like "but the competition here ain't up to much".

That sort of thing always used to work for me, and having wasted many hours browsing http://heartiste.wordpress.com/ it seems I was doing the right thing.

Yes it's called a 'neg hit' in dating-speak. Should only be used to take down a peg women who think their sh*t doesn't stink, not just as a normal chat up line!

I'm glad other people share my views on this UTTERLY RUBBISH song. It's on the radio all the time (sometimes with the 'B' word beeped out, which suggests its not as innocent as it seems). I agree that in my day it wouldn't have worked as a chat up line!

Sadly my wife loves it and plays it all the time - but she's foreign and try as I might I can't get across to her the fact that it is sung by utter are(seholes*, of the type that come from 'frat' houses in the US and go on 'spring break.'

*especially the one that goes 'woo' every few seconds and the black one who says 'd'ye know what, d'ye know what, d'ye know what?'

Yes it's called a 'neg hit' in dating-speak. Should only be used to take down a peg women who think their sh*t doesn't stink, not just as a normal chat up line!

I'm glad other people share my views on this UTTERLY RUBBISH song. It's on the radio all the time (sometimes with the 'B' word beeped out, which suggests its not as innocent as it seems). I agree that in my day it wouldn't have worked as a chat up line!

Sadly my wife loves it and plays it all the time - but she's foreign and try as I might I can't get across to her the fact that it is sung by utter are(seholes*, of the type that come from 'frat' houses in the US and go on 'spring break.'

*especially the one that goes 'woo' every few seconds and the black one who says 'd'ye know what, d'ye know what, d'ye know what?'

It's such a copy of this:

And yes it is rubbish. Women seem to love it though.