House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SEW247

Jeff Randall Leaving Sky

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jul/18/jeff-randall-leaving-sky-news

One of the few Journos who "gets it" and an awesome critical of the terror of Brown and new Labour!

"There are plenty of figures on TV that have hung around too long," he said. "They are bored, tired, you can just tell. I want to get out before that happens to me."

Well said!

Well said!

Like most of the BBC news readers....half of them don't look like they want to be there.....they keep repeating the names of the reporters.....whilst Jeff keeps repeating he is sitting in a gherkin

SW for example who is so grinding.....this is a typical example of the oh so annoying spiel.

"We are going over to speak with our reporter Fred Bloggs at Westminster, Fred......(Fred speaks).....Thank you Fred, that was Fred Bloggs at Westminster.

All the time along the bottom of the screen is Fred Bloggs name in case you didn't catch it......bth_gif.gif

From what I have seen of Randal on Sky, I never thought he was completely comfortable on television; probably better with the written word.

I wouldn't put him amongst the political heavyweights....Andrew Neal, John Humphreys and Sky's own Adam Boulton come to mind first.

Meanwhile as we have Randal parting his big current affairs slot, we have Mishal Husain coming to join the Today Programme, the Nation's biggest current affairs programme with seven million listeners.

Wonder how Humphreys is going to get on with the woman who he asked (on Mastermind) if she got her job with the BBC because of her looks.

Not a great fan of Sarah Montague either. Can't stand it when the presenters get into cliché banter, radio 2 style, as you inevitably get with the man -woman combination. Shockingly sexist and snobbish to say.

political heavyweights....Andrew Neal, John Humphreys and Sky's own Adam Boulton come to mind first.

John Humphreys -- Oh please!

That guy is a moron. Insensitive, thick and over-confident.

I turned off my radio a few weeks ago, after he pushed someone who had a terminal illness, again and again, to say what will happen to them in the end..

Awful. Painful to listen to. He is cringeworthy.

Anyone remember what that illness was?? I am racking my brain to find it..

John Humphreys -- Oh please!

That guy is a moron. Insensitive, thick and over-confident.

I turned off my radio a few weeks ago, after he pushed someone who had a terminal illness, again and again, to say what will happen to them in the end..

Awful. Painful to listen to. He is cringeworthy.

Anyone remember what that illness was?? I am racking my brain to find it..

I think there comes a time when you can get away with it and you become a National Institution. I thought Robin Day had completely lost it towards the end, but when you are as big as he was considered you can get away with it.

Quite. Humphreys is very poor at numbers. Much more at home talking about 'human issues' rather than understanding our underlying plight that only comes clear with a grasp of the numbers.

And every morning when he has his 10 minute argument slot that is utterly pointless. I always have visions of everyone in the studio going to have their tea break at that point whilst he holds the fort.

I don't listen to Radio 4 anymore. I can't stand it. Is he still alive? I suppose he's got a young wife family to care for now so won't be retiring early. They may never be able to get rid.

Can't stand Humpheys or Radio 4. He's just argumentative for the sake of it.

Also Radio 4 seems to be just a middle class whinge channel, people that have been "ripped off" on holiday or on their car insurance, whilst the bigger rogues roam free.

Quite. Humphreys is very poor at numbers.

Occasionally you will get the 'sorry that doesn't make any sense'....and the guest and the 7 million listeners will be wondering what bit of the maths Humphreys hadn't followed. Fortunately, the numbers are generally left to Evan Davis.

Can't stand Humpheys or Radio 4. He's just argumentative for the sake of it.

Also Radio 4 seems to be just a middle class whinge channel, people that have been "ripped off" on holiday or on their car insurance, whilst the bigger rogues roam free.

I can see it might be seen as a bit elitist and annoying. On the other hand it is one station where you can usually escape from DJ speak, which really annoys me.....if I'm working at home I tend to have radio 4 on as a background unless the Test Match is on, and I switch to long wave.

The BBC lost its nerve after the dodgy dossier. As a state owned broadcaster one would expect it to soft pedal the Establishment line most of the time but until the Gilligan affair there was still a principled and disruptive element in BBC news and current affairs, as there had been since the 60s, more interested in getting at the truth than shilling for the Man. Those people have been effectively sidelined. Never again will the BBC be ranged against the govt of the day.

Thought he was a good match with Murdoch/SKY

Typical free market citeh dogmatic ranty type.

Not my cup of tea at all.