House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
@contradevian

No Sign Of Deleveraging In The Uk

I replied:

@resi_analyst Even worse, at current exchange rates, UK mortgage debt totals about 25% of what are deemed to be US bubble levels.

With the US economy how much bigger than the UK?

Like how the Chief Economist from Ernst&Young singularly fails to get it about equitee:

edit Dunno how to embed a tweet,

edit 2 thanks Secure Tenant: :)

edit 3 screwed it up, back to original.

mark gregory @MarkGregoryEY

@resi_analyst @EdConwaySky but what so net wealth effect? Less repossessions in UK so people may be wealthier ie value equity-debt

Neal Hudson @resi_analyst

@MarkGregoryEY @EdConwaySky UK could be wealthier on paper but equity doesn't exist if you can't extract it whereas economic growth is real

Edited by cheeznbreed

I think the chart maybe inaccurate. You would have to take away peoples savings from their debt to get any meaningful result.

I still owe £70,000 on my mortgage but have £120,000 in savings and investments. Is that showing up on the graph?

Good job Savills have increased their annual HPI prediction from 0.5% to 3.5% then :blink:

No deleveraging and no rebalancing either id you look at post crunch international labour comparison in OBR IMF report yesterday.

Edited by SeeYouNextTuesday

Neal Hudson @resi_analyst

@MarkGregoryEY @EdConwaySky UK could be wealthier on paper but equity doesn't exist if you can't extract it whereas economic growth is real

Economic growth is real? In a while, crocodile. GDP deflator, hedonic pricing, imputed rents, subsequent revisions to data series suggest that growth is as unreliable as every other govt statistic.