House Price Crash Forum

Lets Face It. You Are Only Here Because Of The Tories

HOLA441
This was not my dole experience.

Most people who comment lean heavily on the Daily Mail for their insight into the lives of the benefit claimant-overlooking the fact that the newspapers finance themselves by feeding prejudice. And-lets face it- poor white people are the one class in this country you can safely stir up hatred against without running the risk of being accused of a criminal offence.

Have you noticed how all benefit scroungers appear to be white? Funny that.

And the same curious racial selectivity can be seen in the current government hate campaign against the 'scroungers'- not a single black or brown face is ever pictured in their propaganda.

Maybe there should be hate crime laws preventing the stereotyping of poor white people as scum? But then who would we have left to blame for the mess the people at the top have made of this country?

Edited by wonderpup

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Most people who comment lean heavily on the Daily Mail for their insight into the lives of the benefit claimant-overlooking the fact that the newspapers finance themselves by feeding prejudice. And-lets face it- poor white people are the one class in this country you can safely stir up hatred against without running the risk of being accused of a criminal offence.

Have you noticed how all benefit scroungers appear to be white? Funny that.

And the same curious racial selectivity can be seen in the current government hate campaign against the 'scroungers'- not a single black or brown face is ever pictured in their propaganda.

Maybe there should be hate crime laws preventing the stereotyping of poor white people as scum? But then who would we have left to blame for the mess the people at the top have made of this country?

1981. Re-entering this country from North Carolina. A skinhead approaches me to sign his petition: 'all foreigners out'. I declined on the basis that it would include me too, whereupon he said that 'it doesn't mean people like you'.

HOLA443