House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Uses For Walking Sticks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2366873/How-chop-tree-stop-mad-dog-walking-stick-The-bizarre-lifehacks-tips-cigarette-packets-100-years-ago.html

Great. Now I can fight off mad dogs.

You used to get all this sort of useful stuff in cigarette cards, cards with tea bags etc. Now you don't get any of that, just this new fangled internet nonsense.

Edit, it looks like the mad dog fighting is one in a series of two. What happens if you only get one of them ?

Dogs is why I carry a walking stick when in the country. I got lazy and stopped carrying one about a year ago and was bitten earlier this year*, back to carrying it again.

Ran up behind me without my noticing and bit me on the calf, would have been nasty if I didn't have solid hard muscle there so skin broken but not much else.

Dogs is why I carry a walking stick when in the country. I got lazy and stopped carrying one about a year ago and was bitten earlier this year*, back to carrying it again.

Ran up behind me without my noticing and bit me on the calf, would have been nasty if I didn't have solid hard muscle there so skin broken but not much else.

Do you usually put your hat on the end of the stick to bait the dog with ?

How about the length of the stick ?

Do you think having the stick would have made much difference ? Hopefully the dog broke its teeth on your rock hard muscles.

TRUE STORY (sounds like an urban myth made up at the pub)

My mum is a G.U.M. (genito-urinary medicine) nurse and years ago told me a story about an old woman who had come into the clinic complaining of a pain "downstairs". The doctor examined her and saw a series of internal lacerations...

Turned out she had been pleasuring herself with the end of her walking stick.

Did you get in a 'disabling kick'?

So Frank Hovis is using a stick to defend himself against dogs despite the fact that it offered no protection last time against old ladies pleasuring themselves...

Have I got this right?

You need to get yourself a Zimmer, man.

******in' deadly.

Midgets - don't struggle trying to saw the end off regular clothes-props to make them fit your dinky little washing-line.

Simply get yourself some dead person's walking-stick from the local charity shop, and your washday blues are over.

Mr XYY, Fulchester

Did you get in a 'disabling kick'?

Those were the days when they taught the Scouts useful skills. I bet you can't get a badge for dog-kicking nowadays. Political correctness gone mad!