House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Ch4 News Tonight

could be interesting and at least the point is getting some mainstream coverage.....

it was the last item on the intro so watch this space

Edited by Richard

could be interesting and at least the point is getting some mainstream coverage.....

Basically yes! These advisors, and salesmen (/and women) are troughing it on your hard work! Look at the size of their offices! :blink:

Quite. If you want an easy to understand metric for assesing how much financial services skims off your savings and your pension....just look at the magnificent offices in the City of London, Mayfair, Docklands.

And that is without understanding how much the people sitting in all those buildings manage to walk out with each night.

You forgot the yachts.

From my experience bankers are not that ostentatious and tend not to gamble their money (occasional poker).

The problem is with the institutions and their subsidy from gubmint.

You forgot the yachts.

From my experience bankers are not that ostentatious and tend not to gamble their money (occasional poker).

The problem is with the institutions and their subsidy from gubmint.

I hear of track cars sitting in garages at the Nurburgring for the occasional weekend trips if the urge takes, other high spec road cars in private parking for tooling around Geneva if the track doesn't appeal. Hardly 'the norm' I'd say, but if I've heard of it I'm sure it's pretty widespread behaviour.