House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

First Time Buyers Need Urgent Help To Get On The Housing Ladder, According To A Swansea Am

A SWANSEA AM has called for urgent action to help first-time buyers.

Peter Black, Lib Dem AM for South Wales West, has called on the Welsh Government to bridge the gap between England and Wales and focus on doing more to help first time buyers to get onto the housing ladder.

Mr Black said figures from the charity Shelter showed in some parts of Wales young people were waiting up to 15 years before being able to buy their own home.

Research from the Assembly's Communities Committee from the National Federation of Builders Wales, the Federation of Master Builders Wales and the Home Builders Federation, made clear the main obstacle to new house building in Wales was the lack of access to mortgage finance.

Read more: http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/time-buyers-need-urgent-help-housing-ladder/story-19529144-detail/story.html#ixzz2ZIPu2pxk

Average Wage in Wales : £19,216

Average House Price in Wales: £150,808

Multiple of income needed to afford average house: 7-8x

Yes, the Welsh (and the UK in general) need help, we need saving from the idiots in charge who are meddling with the economy and the parasites attached to them who are making it it impossible for people to afford shelter at a reasonable and affordable cost.

In other news, Car Dealer Porchferramboghini said 19 year olds are unable to afford their cars and the Government should help them more.

The HPC in Wales is going to be big, and those who gorged on cheap loans will take the pain. Can`t say I care much really. The guy calling for "help" (the only help young people need is prices collapsing to affordable levels) is probably balls deep in BTL?

Geez, builders say people need help to pay more. What is the problem for builders now HTB is in full swing?

Yep. Dancing with the devil comes to mind.

Under our planning system, higher inputs (credit) does not result in an equal or greater increase in outputs (houses/productivity), it simply causes higher prices. Basic economics even the tories (you would think) would understand. We've had 40 years of evidence of this.

He is very active on twitter and his blog - and often replies to comments. Perhaps some HPCers can help educate him?

https://twitter.com/peterblackwales

peterblack.blogspot.com/‎

its an accident waiting to happen...the peterblog.blackspot

Has Shelter made any noises about Help to Buy being a bad thing, since only helping to push prices up?

From what I've read of Shelter's announcements now and then, they seem to have blinkers on when it comes to too-high prices and rents. Attitude seems to be that more taxpayer money thrown at both (and into LLs' pockets) is the only way.

But I'm very willing to be proved wrong.

The HPC in Wales is going to be big, and those who gorged on cheap loans will take the pain. Can`t say I care much really. The guy calling for "help" (the only help young people need is prices collapsing to affordable levels) is probably balls deep in BTL?

Initially their houses could be bought from realised equity on houses in England via Help to Bail Banks etc and the Welsh will become rent slaves to people o'er the border.

If the Welsh rent slaves ever rebel about it maybe their politicians do some sort of tax on those o'er the border to avoid being strung up.

Just had some work done this morning by a chippy who tells me he has 2 apartments which he's trying to sell in SA1 area. Apparently the high management fees of approx 2k per property are crippling him so he's selling them, not sure why he thinks a young couple would be able to afford them either. He's found a buyer for 1.

He says that with the government helping out with this loan guarantee he can only see prices going up and there's money to made in the rental market. He has 8 properties and is planning to buy up and flip more with the imminent increase in Welsh house prices.

Makes me want to weep.

As usual it is really the sellers who need help not the buyers, disillusionment from the vi politician

Just had some work done this morning by a chippy who tells me he has 2 apartments which he's trying to sell in SA1 area. Apparently the high management fees of approx 2k per property are crippling him so he's selling them, not sure why he thinks a young couple would be able to afford them either. He's found a buyer for 1.

He says that with the government helping out with this loan guarantee he can only see prices going up and there's money to made in the rental market. He has 8 properties and is planning to buy up and flip more with the imminent increase in Welsh house prices.

Makes me want to weep.

I have hear that you can pick up repos there for 80K - often less than half which the sellers bought them for.

Our property wealth depends on it...........should be useful cannon fodder and another layer to the ponzi, hope these kids can take the strain.

Yup....

The World's Greatest Fraud & Ponzi Scam in all History.....

Fraudulently funded by

PREDATORY LIAR LOANS.... :rolleyes:

First time buyers need a merciless shove to get them to panic and cough up, meanwhile if you don't commit to £50K of loans at 18 you will never ever ever get even a menial job.

There's cretins on the Starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow