House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Nukemap

I just took out all the EAs in Swansea... but I had to go as well.... but it was worth it... I am now expecting some strontium dog kind of revival.

Fool! You'll be creating a housing shortage in Swansea... and even lumbering radioactive Zombies are going to think twice about Port Talbot.

Fool! You'll be creating a housing shortage in Swansea... and even lumbering radioactive Zombies are going to think twice about Port Talbot.

Freck, didn't think of that. Global thermonuclear war would only push up asking prices in Swansea.... which have gone parabolic in recent weeks...

If you select one of the default targets, 'London', Ground Zero is the central lobby in the Houses of Parliament. :D

I put a 100Mt bomb on top of my house and my bunker is still intact :P

So you'd need a trident sized warhead to make a proper mess out of Weston Super Mare, interesting.

I created a bomb with a yield of 1,000,000,000,000,000 (1 billion megatons) and blew up the world (similar to the doomsday device in Beneath the Planet of the Apes)

"In one of the countless billions of galaxies in the universe, lies a medium-sized star, and one of its satellites, a green and insignificant planet, is now dead."

beneathapes7.jpg

Does anyone fancy blowing up MI5's headquarters? Or what about dropping a big nuclear bomb on Menwith Hill? Perhaps someone feels like picking a naval base, army barracks or RAF installation and smashing it up with a 20 megatonne warhead? On Nukemap of course, not in real life.

Dear GCHQ, sorry for wasting your time with my pointless frippery but I hope you enjoyed reading this all the same!

I created a bomb with a yield of 1,000,000,000,000,000 (1 billion megatons) and blew up the world (similar to the doomsday device in Beneath the Planet of the Apes)

As I understand it there is no upper limit on the size that a hydrogen bomb can be, with simple fission bombs there is a theoretical limit on the size of the bang but with fusion bombs you can just keep adding fuel.

As I understand it there is no upper limit on the size that a hydrogen bomb can be, with simple fission bombs there is a theoretical limit on the size of the bang but with fusion bombs you can just keep adding fuel.

I think the problem is that the huge bombs are difficult to deliver and therefore simpler to intercept. It is far easier to split a 50 megaton bomb into 50 X 1 megaton units and then launch them via multiple missiles and then spit them further using MIRV etc. You actually get more destructive impact from the latter rather than the former

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_independently_targetable_reentry_vehicle

"In one of the countless billions of galaxies in the universe, lies a medium-sized star, and one of its satellites, a green and insignificant planet, is now dead."

Phew! For a second there I thought it was our little blue planet :D

Unseen Hands have now decided that the website is a useful tool for terrorists and must be censored.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/ now redirects to http://box912.bluehost.com/suspended.page/disabled.cgi/knitsisters.com

"The website you were trying to reach is temporarily unavailable"

(Of course, obtaining fissile material and building a nuclear weapon is the easy part, the nukemap would help Al Quaida do the otherwise impossible task of estimating how big the bomb would need to be. Alternatively, if someone just happened to have a few Kg of U235 in their garden shed, the website might encourage them to do something silly with it.)

Actually Mr Renting I have a fine collection of "low level nuclear waste", which I buy from charity shops!

It's called Uranium Glass. and it glows in UV light! :blink:

Unseen Hands have now decided that the website is a useful tool for terrorists and must be censored.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/ now redirects to http://box912.bluehost.com/suspended.page/disabled.cgi/knitsisters.com

"The website you were trying to reach is temporarily unavailable"

(Of course, obtaining fissile material and building a nuclear weapon is the easy part, the nukemap would help Al Quaida do the otherwise impossible task of estimating how big the bomb would need to be. Alternatively, if someone just happened to have a few Kg of U235 in their garden shed, the website might encourage them to do something silly with it.)

Tin-foil hats off! It's back.

Actually Mr Renting I have a fine collection of "low level nuclear waste", which I buy from charity shops!

It's called Uranium Glass. and it glows in UV light! :blink:

Parrots glow in UV too! Do you have any parrots?

Went for a few locations where the residents have 'HPI-is-the-best' fever the most.

Hit Harpenden and Aberdeen (also to knock out Hamish and IveSeenTheLight) with non-too-destructive Davy Crocketts. Davy Crocketts again taking out Loose (Sibley) and Broughton Monchelsea (Fergus) just for fun.

So you'd need a trident sized warhead to make a proper mess out of Weston Super Mare, interesting.

Weston Super Mare is already a proper mess though. ..