House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OLDFTB

A Snapshot Of The Uk Housing Market

From the expats website of all places:

In reply to:

The market in UK will rebound IMHO - property supply vs demand means this has to happen in the longer term.

Markg wrote:

I'm far from convinced of that: the boomers are aging, selling up and moving into retirement flats, there's been such a bubble in 'executive apartments' in the last few years that the local council recently said they'd met their future development plans until 2012 already, lots of us are emigrating, a large fraction of the immigrants replacing us seem to be living as cheaply as possible and sending their money back home (e.g. to Eastern Europe), and many kids graduating from university seem to be living with their parents because they have far too many debts from their degree to even think about a mortgage on top.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all downhill from here, myself: I'm just glad I don't have a house here to get rid of!

Is he one of us in disguise???

From the expats website of all places:

In reply to:

The market in UK will rebound IMHO - property supply vs demand means this has to happen in the longer term.

Markg wrote:

I'm far from convinced of that: the boomers are aging, selling up and moving into retirement flats, there's been such a bubble in 'executive apartments' in the last few years that the local council recently said they'd met their future development plans until 2012 already, lots of us are emigrating, a large fraction of the immigrants replacing us seem to be living as cheaply as possible and sending their money back home (e.g. to Eastern Europe), and many kids graduating from university seem to be living with their parents because they have far too many debts from their degree to even think about a mortgage on top.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all downhill from here, myself: I'm just glad I don't have a house here to get rid of!

Is he one of us in disguise???

Wake up. Thats what Asian immigrants did 20 years ago. They lived cheaply and sent some money back home. Now they are major property owners. Asians have managed to build up property portfolios off the back of cornershops. Hardworking EU will do the same, while HPC people whine like bitches