House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
THOR33

Utterly Utterly Despondent Ftb Part Deux

Following on from the previous topic starter(above)...I'd just like to stick my awe in here......

A lot of users here are quite f****ing p&%$£ed off including myself at the state of affairs and as long as we look to this site for some kind(if it exists) of proof or inkling as to whats happening to the state of the housing market, all we are going to do is rack our f'ing brains and get wound up(like me can u tell??)....

This site was started like it says by a group of people who want to know what is going on with the Housing sector....Mostly INTENDED for FTB's and debating around that. I've been looking at this site day after day etc etc and all we can get are assumptions and probabilities....THATS ALL YOUR GONNA GET HERE........

Ok, there are people we know who have made good and yeah, people might be jealous about that.....but housings not a game of investment...only in the last few years have things gone so tits up that people are spending their time on sites like this(if u dont believe the hype from VI's and banks etc)...and yes, making money out of the state of the times we live in...maybe no more........maybe we are in stagnation ....maybe there will be NO HOUSING CRASH........if there were, what do you think the country would look like......panic etc etc.......DO WE REALLY THINK THE GOVT WOULD LET THAT HAPPEN? get on the ball!....if we are all to assume all this shite then yes its gonna make people and newcomers think something is looming on the horizon( LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS)...

tHINK ITS TIME FOR SOME QUALITY ADULT DEBATE INSTEAD OF PROBABILITY AND PEOPLE LOOKING AT NEWS STORIES FROM HULL COUNTY COUNCILS LOCAL RAG AND SHOWING US ALL WHAT WE KNOW ALREADY.....

ALL WE'RE REALLY INTERESTED IN IS "HOUSE PRICES"......nothing else!

I apologise if I come across as crass and rude, its not meant to be that way....but people like me who have a large deposit and cannot afford a "proper" home and have to make do with what their salary can dictate, otherwise i'd rather emigrate to tunisia and become involved with a camel.....

If someone actually knew about WHEN, WHERE, WHAT TIME, MONTH, YEAR the supposed crash would occur, they would be a wiser richer man than me...the thing is NO-ONE here knows.......

There was a film i saw and if anyone knows it please tell, but the line was "assumption is the mother of all f**k ups".........

Until I know something and see something for sure, thats when I'll act......Don't really think when people say the crash "will occur, i think...errr in 2008,err and that will be the bottom end and u should buy then" is good enough....

Heads out of clouds and wait is the answer.....looking for answers from people who "think they know " should really be lessened...

Well, off mi soap box now and i'll wait for the proverbial backlash!

Thank you all by the way!!

Following on from the previous topic starter(above)...I'd just like to stick my awe in here......

A lot of users here are quite f****ing p&%$£ed off including myself at the state of affairs and as long as we look to this site for some kind(if it exists) of proof or inkling as to whats happening to the state of the housing market, all we are going to do is rack our f'ing brains and get wound up(like me can u tell??)....

This site was started like it says by a group of people who want to know what is going on with the Housing sector....Mostly INTENDED for FTB's and debating around that. I've been looking at this site day after day etc etc and all we can get are assumptions and probabilities....THATS ALL YOUR GONNA GET HERE........

... until the seers arrive.

If you want easy answers and a date and time then nothing will help you, not even here.

... until the seers arrive.

If you want easy answers and a date and time then nothing will help you, not even here.

quite. Patience is required.

It took five years for prices to double. It will take five more for them to (effectively) halve.

quite. Patience is required.

It took five years for prices to double. It will take five more for them to (effectively) halve.

As most people on here would agree that the market peaked last June / July time you can work out for your self just about where we are in the cycle.

As most people on here would agree that the market peaked last June / July time you can work out for your self just about where we are in the cycle.

Except the market didn't peak - it has, according to most indicators, continued rising (albeit slowly). The peak myth has been repeated time and time again on this site.

The market defied gravity in '04 and - bar a few blips - has continued to defy gravity

Except the market didn't peak - it has, according to most indicators, continued rising (albeit slowly). The peak myth has been repeated time and time again on this site.

The market defied gravity in '04 and - bar a few blips - has continued to defy gravity

As seen on the NASDAQ after the initial March 2000 crash, there was a series of dead cat bounces, fools rallies but in the end nothing could battle the fundermentals. Property is of course much less liquid.

Graphs from '89 are the same, regardless of the blips the change in sentiment and lack of support in the market set the over all trend.

As seen on the NASDAQ after the initial March 2000 crash, there was a series of dead cat bounces, fools rallies but in the end nothing could battle the fundermentals. Property is of course much less liquid.

Graphs from '89 are the same, regardless of the blips the change in sentiment and lack of support in the market set the over all trend.

Fair point - I accept that markets are only rational in the long term (and hysterical in the short term), but to me this is starting to look frighteningly like stability.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing something obvious - BTL no longer makes sense, FTBs are priced out, but properties are still trading.

Fair point - I accept that markets are only rational in the long term (and hysterical in the short term), but to me this is starting to look frighteningly like stability.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing something obvious - BTL no longer makes sense, FTBs are priced out, but properties are still trading.

BTL's are still buying but not to get rent to still get asset price rises.

FTPs are prices out by still taking out huge mortgages on the hope of asset price rises, wage increasses, lower ir etc.

Debt is going through the roof.

Eventually it collapses; someone's house is the last thing they give up or are prepared to part with for less than they think its worth so it takes time.

It is quite common for people now not to sell their old property when "trading up" but hold on to it and rent it out. Effectively it becomes a BTL. But they don't need to sell their old property and it becomes their pension.

Maybe the 'market' is broken

Maybe there is no such thing as a 'free market'

I think it is like communism - nice idea on paper

but unable to withstand human greed and self interest.

Our housing 'market' is a cartel, comprising the land owners,

builders, surveyors, money lenders and ultimately the government

which maintains and strictly upholds our arcane planning systems.

Builders sit on huge land banks which they develop at a trickle,

ensuring that demand rarely falls below supply.

Builders can maniputate the market by giving away carpets, kitchens etc

rather than dropping the list price.

Builders set the market price with new builds - the second hand

mrket follows on.

'Free market' forces can only be effective in a free market

We do not have that

ABB

Builders can maniputate the market by giving away carpets, kitchens etc

rather than dropping the list price.

Builders set the market price with new builds - the second hand

mrket follows on.

That's right. I thought I was waiting for a drop in prices of about 25%, but instead a fridge and some cheap carpet will get me into the house.

Jeez, and I thought that the reason why they're trying to give away everything was because they're worried. It seems like the illuminati are in fact messing with our minds.

Don't take the free cooker. They're messing with you.

That's right. I thought I was waiting for a drop in prices of about 25%, but instead a fridge and some cheap carpet will get me into the house.

Jeez, and I thought that the reason why they're trying to give away everything was because they're worried. It seems like the illuminati are in fact messing with our minds.

Don't take the free cooker. They're messing with you.

It is actually unemployment that has the greatest historic link with lower houseprices, not the nominal level of interest rates. As that seems to be rising, and GDP growth dropped to 1.6%, houseprices have come off the boil slightly.

The true picture is that it is perfectly possible to have economies with ownership of property in the hands of a small section of society - without a crash - for hundreds of years!

Under mass immigration, when credit tightens a polarisation takes place - lending moving towards landlords with command over tight supply and great levels of real poverty ensue.

At least 49% of the population are under 35 in the UK. However they don't vote.

There is no such thing as a 'right' to housing without creating a poltical issue out of it which will clear the way to change policies.

I see none of you are eveb asking for MIRAS to be brought back which would tip the scales back to FTBers slightly.

There is little constructive actions as people are all waiting for 'the crash'.

Edited by brainclamp

It is actually unemployment that has the greatest historic link with lower houseprices, not the nominal level of interest rates.

Does anyone know if this is true? What are the correlations between any of the measures of average house prices to average earnings and (a) interest rates and (B) unnemployment rates?