House Price Crash Forum

New Car Market Suffering

BuyingBear

HOLA441

I bought a Mercedes last year which I am very happy with. Had a phone call yesterday from the local dealer -

Dealer - "Hi. We believe you bought a Mercedes last year from Milton Keynes, how is it ?"

Me - "It's great thanks, I'm really happy with it."

D - "I am in the car sales department at Huddersfiled MB, and we have some great offers on at the moment if you were thinking of trading yours in"

Me - "No. I'm really happy with it thanks, I'm not looking to trade for a couple of years"

D - "No problem. I'll give you a call in a few months then"

I have NEVER EVER been phoned up by a car salesman... things are obviously very difficult at the moment

HOLA442
the second hand car market isnt doing to well either, a local dealer i know is planning on closing soon, as he said their isnt any money to be made anymore, he's going into private taxi hire instead.

The dealer I bought my 'new' (aka 1998-model) car from earlier this year seems to have closed down as well. I'm not surprised, given how much lower used car prices appear to have dropped even since then... can't be much money to be made from it.

HOLA443

This is sounding familiar!

I had Honda offer me a test drive in a Civic Type R recently, I went for a laugh but didn't want one. Well it gave the salesmen something to do! They had loads of pre-registeered ones they were flogging cheap. Must be few new buyers at the mo, have to agree see very few 55 plates, unless they all have private plates saying '1 D1OT' or something...