House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@contradevian

Apprentice Fake Jordan Exposed

It's just a TV show. Probably deliberately kept him in that long so they can raise the tension.

It's been quite good this year. The usual muppets, but a few good ones too.

Jordan not Justin.

He seemed like someone who would be happy in a middle management role in a large corporation or public sector - i.e. swanning around and taking credit for things that other people have done.

From an early age, Jordan always felt he was 'more intelligent than everyone else.'

Hmm, quite.

What is a Doc Totten? No, never mind - it appears to be blonde and pink-lipsticked.

I never watch this programme as it personally just screams ego and narcissism to me. I doubt we will ever have a BBC reality competition programme on emotional intelligence and happiness will we?

Hmm, quite.

What is a Doc Totten? No, never mind - it appears to be blonde and pink-lipsticked.

I never watch this programme as it personally just screams ego and narcissism to me. I doubt we will ever have a BBC reality competition programme on emotional intelligence and happiness will we?

It's like any reality program. BB included.

At first they have relatively "normal" people, then they go on to populate it with increasingly "unique" types to try to get the interest up. As the concept approaches its end point the seires is populated by a group of very "charismatic" people who no-one can identify with whatsoever. When the first guy did the ******** merchant it was entertaining (I'm not a one trick pony, I'm a whole field of ponies). That was funny. Now it is just tiresome.

I watched a few of the early series of BB when it had real people, a subset that you might find in the street. It was far more interesting then as you had to put in a bit of effort to work people out. Later it just got stupid.

At first they have relatively "normal" people, then they go on to populate it with increasingly "unique" types to try to get the interest up. As the concept approaches its end point the seires is populated by a group of very "charismatic" people who no-one can identify with whatsoever. When the first guy did the ******** merchant it was entertaining (I'm not a one trick pony, I'm a whole field of ponies). That was funny. Now it is just tiresome.

I watched a few of the early series of BB when it had real people, a subset that you might find in the street. It was far more interesting then as you had to put in a bit of effort to work people out. Later it just got stupid.

Yes, and these reality shows now have the paid presenters competing to be rude or aggressive to the poor punters trying to get on in life.

Be it business or modelling or singing I suspect most of the paid 'celebs' dishing out the abuse would not have fared well at all if they were starting out today - and had to parade themselves on these reality shows.

'The nuts and sluts of daytime tv' c. Danny Baker.

Did seem very weird.

On the one hand, I thought that the idea was that you pitched an idea for a *new* business into which Sugar would inject 250k and have a 50% equity stake with the winner.

So actually, he could still have pitched the same idea - I'm sure Sugar could have located some competent games developers to take it forward - and, Sugar was clearly interested.

But then he decided to offer 15% of a business in which he had no controlling stake or formal equity at all. Most odd.

I do get the feeling that somewhere there's a developer that has more or less done all the work and told him to eff off. Which I must admit, does give a slight glow of satisfaction.

I've not watched this series and don't understand the new format. Surely Sugar is aware of all the contestants business ideas at the beginning of the series and so the finalists will only be those he is interested in.

You have to wonder if people with tons of self ego who apply to participate in a programme like that, do it to appear famous for five minutes.....the business plans looked like a quick made up last minute thought up necessity.....love myself people need reality TV to prove themselves....real people make what they want reality without having to prove it to themselves and others that don't matter, who only look upon it as a light entertainment show. ;)

I've not watched this series and don't understand the new format. Surely Sugar is aware of all the contestants business ideas at the beginning of the series and so the finalists will only be those he is interested in.

The impression I got at the end of this is that the £250k is a kind of prize and he really couldn't care if the business works or not.

Sugar admitted at the beginning that he quickly asked all the contestants what their business idea was. He clearly doesn't know who these people are, they having been picked by the production company before he gets involved with the shooting.

If the business investment is serious, you would think the business plan would have been the first criteria to access and filter candidates.

And I really don't know why Jordan couldn't have presented his plan as his own, or just made one up and kept quiet about the other business. It certainly doesn't matter what it is. Even if he wasn't a software developer he could have outsourced the work.

Then we had the other candidate who got through to the final, but his idea was really rubbish. It was a take on Rightmove, but with homeowners selling their own homes but with estate agents taking advertising space. He was told repeatedly it wouldn't work, but kept repeating like a Dalek that it would. He had absolutely no expertise or experience in this area.

Very odd indeed.

Clearly the production company is more interested in a few of the candidates blowing up, right at the very end.

One candidate (forget his name (miles?) that actually looked very able indeed, was fired the previous week. In fact I had him tipped to win, but I got the impression he just kinda gave up and wanted out, perhaps so as to avoid exposure for something during the CV/interview stage.

Nah, its like Dragons den, except there is one Dragon and a dozen people miming their competance to present their business plan in one grand finale.

Who cares?

Stopped watching years ago.

You haven't missed anything.......only bothered to look at last weeks episode on iplayer yesterday, will not do that again. ;)