House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wonderpup

Our Schrodinger's Economy

Watching Ben Bernanke doing the dance of the seven QE veils as he tries to reveal just enough tapering flesh to stir the loins of the markets without setting off an orgy of panic it strikes me that the point has been missed.

The very fact that he is compelled to go through this ridiculous performance at all tells us all we need to know- that the QE life support machine cannot now be turned off.

What should really be panicking the markets is not that QE might be shut down- what should really scare the hell out of them (and us) is that it cannot be shut down. Which means that the financial economy is dead.

What we now inhabit is a Zombie reality- a fading afterglow of the world we knew- an illusion preserved only by massive infusions of a substance that embalms even as it preserves.

The belief that the central banks can control this situation is only supported by the belief that the central banks can control this situation- but once you work that out do you still believe that the central banks can control this situation?

Watching Ben Bernanke doing the dance of the seven QE veils as he tries to reveal just enough tapering flesh to stir the loins of the markets without setting off an orgy of panic it strikes me that the point has been missed.

The very fact that he is compelled to go through this ridiculous performance at all tells us all we need to know- that the QE life support machine cannot now be turned off.

What should really be panicking the markets is not that QE might be shut down- what should really scare the hell out of them (and us) is that it cannot be shut down. Which means that the financial economy is dead.

What we now inhabit is a Zombie reality- a fading afterglow of the world we knew- an illusion preserved only by massive infusions of a substance that embalms even as it preserves.

The belief that the central banks can control this situation is only supported by the belief that the central banks can control this situation- but once you work that out do you still believe that the central banks can control this situation?

+1.. My belweather for indicating the recovery is the demise of Barrats... Right now they are doing well on the contrary ... The economy is now made ip of only zombies.. This environment can only support zombies and malinvestment ... The productive economy doesn't stand a chance

I'm quite frankly amazed its lasted this long, we're bust, end of story, how people haven't noticed that we're just like Greece, but a little later in time is beyond me, downgrade followed by default on new higher interest rates should have happened, but what has, is printing, gold will go back up and then into orbit, not because the value of gold will go up, but because the value of the pound will fall. People will blame the bankers, but it not them, its our politicians and via them, us, we wont accept reallity untill its too late, we are going to pay heavily for all this.

The reason...he has a Zombie Government to keep in, and zombie banks to keep alive.

While keeping a zombie alive, the living must donate fresh flesh every day.

Bernanke made it clear last night that he will keep IRs low no matter what - US stock futures shot up as a result.

No doubt our mate Carney is going to do the same thing.

They will deny any rising costs or inflation in the system and keep IRs low.

This morning on the Fivelive business programme they were talking about this. Levels of household debt in the UK are still enormous says the Rowntree Foundation and so they see IRs remaining low for years simply because there would be a massive wave of house repos if IRs rise.

Went on to say that the low IRs had stopped us having a massive wave of houses repoed as in the early 90s - which, let's face it, was what most of us on here expected to happen again.

They talked about savers being screwed but it was clear that the house prices must be saved at all costs.

Prepare and act accordingly.

Bernanke made it clear last night that he will keep IRs low no matter what - US stock futures shot up as a result.

This morning on the Fivelive business programme they were talking about this. Levels of household debt in the UK are still enormous says the Rowntree Foundation and so they see IRs remaining low for years simply because there would be a massive wave of house repos if IRs rise.

Went on to say that the low IRs had stopped us having a massive wave of houses repoed as in the early 90s - which, let's face it, was what most of us on here expected to happen again.

They talked about savers being screwed but it was clear that the house prices must be saved at all costs.

yep, concerted Central Bank operations for Banks.

There are too many banks, promising too much to each other and their governments...the whole system is on drain mode.

Just been watching CNBC and all the presenters were getting very excited that Germans are really getting interested into land hoarding and more relaxed about inflation. They almost achieved orgasm discussing German property yields. Fill your boots guys, literally.

Pretty soon nowhere will be safe from the madness.

Update: They have moved onto ramping gold. :lol::blink:

Edited by Secure Tenant

Just been watching CNBC and all the presenters were getting very excited that Germans are really getting interested into land hoarding and more relaxed about inflation. They almost achieved orgasm discussing German property yields. Fill your boots guys, literally.

You shouldnt watch CBeebies.

Benny the Bubble can say what he likes, has he ever made a single call correctly? Every dumbass at the BoE with three Economics degrees to his name can nod in agreement, their judgement is no better than his. But the simple, ungainsayable truth is that the market will determine when QE is curtailed not the central banks, and that day appears to be drawing close.

That is quite accurate ,a mate of mine has been working in Germany for the past 15 years and always rented but the last time they were back in the UK they said they were a bit skint as they have just bought a place to live in and one to BTL

It`s seems to be "the right" thing to do in Germany at the moment

That is quite accurate ,a mate of mine has been working in Germany for the past 15 years and always rented but the last time they were back in the UK they said they were a bit skint as they have just bought a place to live in and one to BTL

It`s seems to be "the right" thing to do in Germany at the moment

How is that even possible...the BTL will be returning a handsome sum and the purchase was clearly less costly than the dead money of renting.

Excellent thread title. I think I must of entered the dead cat universe whilst everyone I know, except people on this sight, seem to be living the other version.

I personally know 3 people who have or are going to complete on houses this month. I see governments with out of control deficit spending, banks teetering on the edge of bankruptcy, personal debt through the roof, manufacturing jobs being lost and replaced with shelf stacking jobs.

So how the ****** are the plates still spinning, I really do not get what is going on.

So how the ****** are the plates still spinning, I really do not get what is going on.

The amount of money in the economy has to keep increasing to ensure interest is paid on outstanding debts. As long as the amount of debt keeps growing the economy with struggle on.

You answered the question in your own post:

I personally know 3 people who have or are going to complete on houses this month

That is three extra very large mortgages and the amount of money in the system will increase as a result. Just think that if you know three people there must be lots of people in the UK taking on higher debt. We then have Student Loans and Wonga loans etc. That is why every government will try its hardest to keep house prices high, because higher house prices mean larger mortgages and more debt in the system. The government's Funding for Lending scheme is doing its job perfectly.

I wish I had some idea of how to plan for the future, as the jist of this thread seems to be correct (Sadly)

I wish I had some idea of how to plan for the future, as the jist of this thread seems to be correct (Sadly)

Just buy a house. It will go up.

The rest of the economy will implode mind.

Benny the Bubble can say what he likes, has he ever made a single call correctly? Every dumbass at the BoE with three Economics degrees to his name can nod in agreement, their judgement is no better than his. But the simple, ungainsayable truth is that the market will determine when QE is curtailed not the central banks, and that day appears to be drawing close.

Sorry... There is no market... The markets have been rigged by the central banks