House Price Crash Forum

Latest Halifax Mortgage Ad

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Its that moment in "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers." Do you continue to resist and avoid the inevitable?

A flat has come up in a neighbouring block at a lot higher price. However with a tracker mortgage at current rates, the monthly payment would be less than what I'm paying in Council rent.

I'm the "subsidised" one of course. :lol:

You are taking a gamble on the interest rates going higher (currently at historical lows).

Feel lucky punk?

Edited by Secure Tenant

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Football coach, what would that earn, about 16-24k per year? Mark has a baby on the way too , average house price is 167k?

Good job Mark isn't a maths teacher or he would be getting even less sleep at night once the baby is born and he realises that interest rates are going to rise and his 10x earning, 95 percent mortgage may not have been such a good idea after all... :lol:

The thing about propaganda is that even the slightest intellectual examination of it will usually immunise you from the effects, thats if you have an IQ higher than a lemon of course ;)

Edited by JustAnotherProle

HOLA448

Football coach, what would that earn, about 16-24k per year? Mark has a baby on the way too , average house price is 167k?

Good job Mark isn't a maths teacher or he would be getting even less sleep at night once the baby is born and he realises that interest rates are going to rise and his 10x earning, 95 percent mortgage may not have been such a good idea after all... :lol:

The thing about propaganda is that even the slightest intellectual examination of it will usually immunise you from the effects, thats if you have an IQ higher than a lemon of course ;)

I wouldn't count on it. Fergus Wilson was a maths teacher and his financial understanding is significantly less than that of a lemon.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Is it this one, for the benefit of us non-TV types?:

Halifax's youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Halifax?feature=watch

Yes. That's the ******er.

Who directed it?

Ridley Scott?

Mawkish button pushing bastards who caused all this in the first place.

Get given a lifeline at our expense and then start the whole ******ing thing again.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I wouldn't count on it. Fergus Wilson was a maths teacher and his financial understanding is significantly less than that of a lemon.

So far, Fergus' financial understanding is superior to most HPCers - he's feking loaded, while many people on this forum are struggling.

Not trolling. Just saying things as they are.

And yes, I hope that in the long run he'll be bankrupted. But the way things are going, he'll probably have shuffled off this mortal coil before TPTB let the market find its natural level.

HOLA4413

BTL? Best of both worlds.

There isn't a huge difference between social rents and market rents up here, but the fact is I could rent* cheaper from the bank than the Council at current rents, and even at the insane valuation suggested for that place.

*if you ignore the fact that you would still rent from the Council if you bought due to service charge/maintenance etc.

Edited by Secure Tenant

HOLA4414

So far, Fergus' financial understanding is superior to most HPCers - he's feking loaded, while many people on this forum are struggling.

And yes, I hope that in the long run he'll be bankrupted. But the way things are going, he'll probably have shuffled off this mortal coil before TPTB let the market find its natural level.

I cant obviously speak for the financial state of people on here but i broadly agree with you.

The bigger deal is how many are struggling who DONT post on here.

I'm guessing its in the millions.

The ONLY thing that will kill all this fakery off is a rate hike that is forced upon the government.

Nothing else will do it now.

I repeat.

Hold your nose.

Close your eyes.

Cross your fingers.

And vote Labour.

Edited by shindigger

HOLA4415

Sadly I agree with you, and even if he isn't exactly loaded, he is able to strut about in plaid outfits as if he is.

HOLA4416

There's a world of difference between being financially savvy and winning the world's longest odds bet.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

SHE made her big money when they first started...instead of selling the family home, they bought a second and rented out the first...the bank was hard to persuade IIRC.

There is nothing wrong with Buy to Let.

But borrowing to Let is a naked short gamble.

Edited by Bloo Loo

HOLA4419

The ONLY thing that will kill all this fakery off is a rate hike that is forced upon the government.

Nothing else will do it now.

I repeat.

Hold your nose.

Close your eyes.

Cross your fingers.

And vote Labour.

+1

Excellent post - for me, literally laugh out loud funny. I love the idea of full on Hayekian hpc neo-liberals being reduced to voting Labour to in the hope of restoring a functioning market when the prospect of a Labour Chanacellor provokes a run on bonds. :lol: . Wheels within wheels.

Sadly, I don't think even that would work. Maybe the the Fed really will taper and allow US Treasury yields to rise, and then UK gilts follow them up because the levels of QE from the Bank of England required to hold them down are deemed a bridge too far. Then rising gilt yields push mortgage rates, and the rest is by the way. Nice to dream. Wilson's euthanised, (in the rentier sense only, of course!).

Probably, the Fed will blink and keep printing, China will tank giving us a new entrant in the least dirty shirt competition with a really, really dirty shirt, taking the pressure off Blighty. That convergence of circumstance will allow the Bank of England and Treasury to persist with financial repression until we are all resigned to living out our dotage in a stunning south-facing bin, with views of some derelict garages and an abandoned X-reg Mondeo, (H/T The Generation Game for the gag).

At least we'll have motivational broadcasts like this ad paid for by the banks to remind us that they are trying to help...

[Edit: typo]

Edited by ChairmanOfTheBored

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

+1

Excellent post - for me, literally laugh out loud funny. I love the idea of full on Hayekian hpc neo-liberals being reduced to voting Labour to in the hope of restoring a functioning market when the prospect of a Labour Chanacellor provokes a run on bonds. :lol: . Wheels within wheels.

Sadly, I don't think even that would work. Maybe the the Fed really will taper and allow US Treasury yields to rise, and then UK gilts follow them up because the levels of QE from the Bank of England required to hold them down are deemed a bridge too far. Then rising gilt yields push mortgage rates, and the rest is by the way. Nice to dream. Wilson's euthanised, (in the rentier sense only, of course!).

Probably, the Fed will blink and keep printing, China will tank giving us a new entrant in the least dirty shirt competition with a really, really dirty shirt, taking the pressure off Blighty. That convergence of circumstance will allow the Bank of England and Treasury to persist with financial repression until we are all resigned to living out our dotage in a stunning south-facing bin, with views of some derelict garages and an abandoned X-reg Mondeo, (H/T The Generation Game for the gag).

At least we'll have motivational broadcasts like this ad paid for by the banks to remind us that they are trying to help...

[Edit: typo]

A bin? you posh bugger. I've an east facing pringles tube with no lid and rising damp.

Just glad my mate makes them and not tampax

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Some details here about the people behind it, including the agency which has a number of high-profile corporate clients.

Voiceover by David Harewood. As having been in Game-On, Blood Diamond, and that series I've possibly subconsciously avoided watching yet due to its name, when ridiculous house prices around here make it unlikely I'll be a house buyer without a big crash, 'Homeland'.

http://www.campaignl...DCMP=ILC-SEARCH

HOLA4425