House Price Crash Forum

Why I Love The Guardian

Guest TheBlueCat

HOLA441
Guest TheBlueCat

I have to admit to having done a bit of this myself, but I was nowhere near as funny as this guy:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/seanthomas/100225278/revealed-how-i-posed-as-a-left-wing-nutjob-on-the-guardians-comment-is-free-and-got-away-with-it/

I've also tried a bit of right wing trolling on there too, but pretty much anything I write gets moderated so it's not a lot of fun.

HOLA442

I used to love "comment is free" up to about 5 years ago. You would get 20 or 30 comments per article, and they mostly were really interesting. Now you get 1000+ comments, but there's still only a couple of dozen interesting ones, and the rest all just say "F**k Osborne" or something equally clever and original. May as well read the Daily Mail or the Sun (as far as intellectual rigour is concerned, I mean).

A couple of things I always used to find weird about it though, was (1) their obsession that women were identical in all respects to men, and (2) how much they loved cars and hated trains. Probably something to do with privitisation.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

There's always a piece on climate change in there. And some sort of lefty review of something lefty.

Then hidden in its own behind there's typically a good insightful article that isn't so ******ing partisan.

HOLA446

I've also tried a bit of right wing trolling on there too, but pretty much anything I write gets moderated so it's not a lot of fun.

This seems to be the problem with it, you can write anything you like so long as it conforms with the moderators lefty world view but if you even think about posting something right wing they'll pre-mod you then ban you.

The telegraph blogs are now mostly occupied by the "vote ukip" trolls but at least they do allow some discussion on there.

HOLA447

I don't believe anything gets moderated on the Guardian for being right wing. Anything consudered offensive to individuals or particular groups will get moderated though, other than working class white people or rich toffs, they're fair game. Actually any whites, including themselves, we all have to be punished for the sins of our forfathers, the repression and exploitation of the noble races of the world that were subjugated under the british empire.

The moderation there is famously erratic though. And don't expect to be engaged in intelligent debate if you do post right wing views, you will be dismissed by the majority as a troll or an Israeli spy or something.

HOLA448

"You tell them Sean. The Marxist social workers who comment on the Guardian website are literally smearing filth on the faces of the children who die because of their ideologically-driven incompetence. I work in the private sector in the south and know personally of two Labour party members who plan to initiate a campaign of Maoist revolutionary paedophilia within weeks."

Archived