House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Donald Trump Fails To Deliver On Golf Resort Jobs Pledge

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/donald-trump-fails-to-deliver-on-golf-resort-jobs-pledge-8693854.html

The American entrepreneur Donald Trump has failed to deliver on pledges to create thousands of jobs through a supposed billion-pound investment that were key to planning approval for his hugely controversial Scottish golf resort, an investigation has found.

By his own admission, Mr Trump has created no more than 200 of his promised 6,000 jobs and is thought to have spent just £25m on the scheme while bulldozing environmentally sensitive areas of the Scottish coast, according to a new analysis of the scheme’s finances.

In 2008, Mr Salmond boasted: “The balance of opinion among people in the north-east of Scotland and among my constituents is very strongly in favour. And that’s because we can see the social and economic benefits.

“I mean, 6,000 jobs across Scotland, 1,400 local and permanent jobs here in the north-east of Scotland – that’s a very powerful argument which outweighs the environmental concerns.”

Mr Trump’s failure so far to deliver his vision does not appear to have harmed his own interests. It is believed the planning permissions for the land have helped boost the value of his Scottish estate, bought for £7m, by at least £100m.

This has led some to suspect that Mr Trump may have embarked on the scheme with an eye to the land’s potential resale value. But Mr Trump says the reason the development has stalled is the prospect of 11 offshore wind turbines being built within sight of his golf courses. He claims Mr Salmond had assured him such a scheme would not go ahead – he has since labelled Mr Salmond “Mad Alex” and launched legal action to prevent the wind farm being built.

Mr Salmond rejects Mr Trump’s claims about a wind farm promise, adding that no investor can expect to dictate Scotland’s energy policy.

Playing golf in sight of wind mills must be very off putting, can't have the view ruined for the rich can we. Can't they place them near some proles council houses?

I just the way jobs always get over estimated for these projects.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/donald-trump-fails-to-deliver-on-golf-resort-jobs-pledge-8693854.html

Playing golf in sight of wind mills must be very off putting, can't have the view ruined for the rich can we. Can't they place them near some proles council houses?

I just the way jobs always get over estimated for these projects.

A golf complex in a cold mountainous country - I mean why wouldn't you ??. I mean people are obviously going to flock there instead of say, Spain ...

Edited by goldbug9999

This has led some to suspect that Mr Trump may have embarked on the scheme with an eye to the land’s potential resale value.

Have trumps business interests ever extended to anything else? He's never created/invented/produced anything as far as im aware. Just speculated, had his debts massively exceed his assets during any downturn, but has been lucky enough that he's too big to fail, so the banks never foreclose on him. Says more about our screwed up banking system than about him.

He's just a bigger, uglier, perhaps slightly more likable Grant Bovey.

A golf complex in a cold mountainous country - I mean why wouldn't you ??. I mean people are obviously going to flock there instead of say, Spain ...

That part of the beach was supposed to be turning into the new european riviera after a decade or 2 of global warming. I suspect DT has now seen some research that suggests the glaciers are more likely to be coming...

http://www.independe...ge-8693854.html

They are more than welcome to put some windmills outside my prole flat, provided I get priority power when the wind stops blowing and the NIMBY/objectors suffer rolling black outs.

I suspect the reverse will be the case.

And yet they come..... In their droves...... Go figure!

Edit to keep it on topic........ Trump? He's a cu...... unpleasant.

Edited by AThirdWay

And yet they come..... In their droves...... Go figure!

Edit to keep it on topic........ Trump? He's a cu...... unpleasant.

Aye they do. My club gets as much each year from visitors as it does from members.

East lothian is one of the top golf destinations on the planet. Course was in great nick this morning. :D