House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Congratulations Andy Murray

Well done sir.

I didn't expect to see another Brit win Wimbledon in my lifetime, man or woman, so well done on breaking that 36 year duck.

Well done sir.

I didn't expect to see another Brit win Wimbledon in my lifetime, man or woman, so well done on breaking that 36 year duck.

Not to mention the 77 year duck for the men's game! And he's a Scot. :P

Not to mention the 77 year duck for the men's game! And he's a Scot. :P

Both singles titles equally good :)

Can't say I'm that bothered about the doubles other than that very entertaining foursome they used to show in the evenings some time, trick shots a-plenty. One of them was an Iranian who would have been a star but was blocked from travelling during his peak period because of the mad mullahs there IIRC.

Well done, thoroughly deserved. Did think might be the choke of a lifetime when he lost those 3 match points but showed great mental & physical strength; to beat Djokovic in straight sets is simply amazing.

Both singles titles equally good :)

Can't say I'm that bothered about the doubles other than that very entertaining foursome they used to show in the evenings some time, trick shots a-plenty. One of them was an Iranian who would have been a star but was blocked from travelling during his peak period because of the mad mullahs there IIRC.

Bahrami and his partner were unceremoniously dumped out by McEnroe and his brother in the early afternoon last week. McEnroe was taking it far too seriously. I only once got to see Bahrami realise he couldn't reach a ball and instead hit one back he'd got from his pocket.

Well done, thoroughly deserved. Did think might be the choke of a lifetime when he lost those 3 match points but showed great mental & physical strength; to beat Djokovic in straight sets is simply amazing.

Agreed. I fear every Wimbledon for the next 30 odd years will be an anti-climax as the monkey is well and truely off the back.

What a good sport Djokovic was, incredibly gracious in defeat.

Seeing all the happy cheering faces on TV shows just how deeply nationalism is ingrained in the human psyche.

Surely that's federalism - he's a Scot. Seriously, humans are complete suckers for the Big Man syndrome. Never going to change.

Just 3 sets against a guy who was the best player of all time. Very impressed.

Useless scottish imbecile/greatest british tennis player ever/useless scottish imbecile/greatest british tennis player ever/useless scottish imbecile/greatest british tennis player ever/useless scottish imbecile/greatest british tennis player ever/useless scottish imbecile/greatest british tennis player ever/useless scottish imbecile/greatest british tennis player ever/useless scottish imbecile/greatest british tennis player ever

HE'S WON

Greatest british tennis player ever

I knew, unless he choked badly, Murray would win and win fairly comfortably.

The Serb relies on the fact that only a few players have the game to get near him. But when those top players do he's not immune to pressure. Murray had about 10 times the heart and desire today and the Number 1 just folded.

He was brilliant. As for Alex Salmond sitting in the royal box ? What a complete tool.

The man has no shame.

I really can't believe the girls are paid the same. It's shocking.

I think the time has come to allow women to enter the Open and compete for 'The' Prize. And if they want to enter the 'disabled' women only competition, then they get remunerated accordingly.

There was an argument at one time that was deployed that the women's game was more interesting because the rallies were longer. That is no longer true. Indeed, yesterday they could hardly pull a rally together over their 2 sets.

Well done to Murray. Excellent show. Salmond looked like a spaz.

Some womens games last less than an hour, however mens games easily go on for 3 hours...I suppose its one workplace whereby women have the upper hand...

Anyway, some perving...

Kim+Sears+2013+Australian+Open+Day+12+NcYIx6M6NRdl.jpg

...so what attracted you to the multi-millionaire Andy Murray?

Some womens games last less than an hour, however mens games easily go on for 3 hours...I suppose its one workplace whereby women have the upper hand...

Anyway, some perving...

Kim+Sears+2013+Australian+Open+Day+12+NcYIx6M6NRdl.jpg

...so what attracted you to the multi-millionaire Andy Murray?

Or the multi-millionaire Novak Djokovic?

280056-jelena-ristic.jpg

He certainly didnt win the best legs competition.

I really can't believe the girls are paid the same. It's shocking.

I think the time has come to allow women to enter the Open and compete for 'The' Prize. And if they want to enter the 'disabled' women only competition, then they get remunerated accordingly.

There was an argument at one time that was deployed that the women's game was more interesting because the rallies were longer. That is no longer true. Indeed, yesterday they could hardly pull a rally together over their 2 sets.

Well done to Murray. Excellent show. Salmond looked like a spaz.

You are John Inverdale and I claim compound interest on the £5 you now owe me. Forever.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/573662/tennis-pressure-mounts-on-bbc-over-sexist-gaffe-by-presenter/

He was brilliant. As for Alex Salmond sitting in the royal box ? What a complete tool.

The man has no shame.

What shame would that be !!!... Is the elected leader of Scotland not allowed to watch another fellow scot play a sport......tool maybe but he is one tool that can run rings round the other tools ( Cameron,Osborne and the other bunch of English goons)... Murray does not hide the fact that he is a scot and not a Brit...once again when a scot does good it,s Britain,s joy and when England wins anything it is England's joy ...

What shame would that be !!!... Is the elected leader of Scotland not allowed to watch another fellow scot play a sport......tool maybe but he is one tool that can run rings round the other tools ( Cameron,Osborne and the other bunch of English goons)... Murray does not hide the fact that he is a scot and not a Brit...once again when a scot does good it,s Britain,s joy and when England wins anything it is England's joy ...

I hope you are pissed rather than an idiot.

You are John Inverdale and I claim compound interest on the £5 you now owe me. Forever.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/573662/tennis-pressure-mounts-on-bbc-over-sexist-gaffe-by-presenter/

For many years I've had a strong suspicion that Inverdale was an utter prat. Now I know, and it's all the sweeter for my having backed no2 seed (correct me if I'm wrong, I may well be) Bartoli at 2/1, against no 23 seed Lisicki at 2/1 on- I mean WTF? I have honestly never seen more ludicrous value on Betfair. I should have put my shirt on it, not just five quid.

As for Murray- a shoe-in for Sports Personality Of The Year I reckon, and rightly so...a truly inspiring display of skill, bravery and astonishing athleticism and sheer effort.

I really enjoyed the post match interviews- Djokovic was exceptionally gracious in defeat, and Murray was equally so in victory- given the significance of what he'd just acheived, a fine performance from a fine man.