House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ill_handle_it

Paul Gascoigne 'began Drinking Again A Month Ago And Was Filmed By Documentary Makers'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/paul-gascoigne-began-drinking-again-2034227

A source said: “The documentary people have known for a month or more that Gazza had fallen off the wagon.

"They got some of it on film. Then Gazza gets ­arrested and it’s common knowledge.

“Gazza signed up knowing that it was a fly-on-the-wall documentary and he would be contractually obliged to let them film whatever they liked.

"Unfortunately for him, this latest breakdown is likely to be played out to the public.

“The programme makers thought they were making a positive, uplifting film which would leave the viewer feeling good about Gazza’s future.

"They’ve ended with car-crash TV that will probably pull in even more viewers.”

I'm afraid to say I've lost patience with Gascoigne.

I used to have lots of sympathy for the man (brilliant footballer in his day, etc), but now I don't.

He's had the best help and support money can buy, and yet he's still a violent drunk.

Unfortunately he will kill himself with alcohol, and yes that makes me sad.

Of course the outcome is a million miles from what the programme makers were hoping for at the outset.

The explosive film is described by producers as unmissable TV. It is not known where or when it will be broadcast.

I have no interest in 'Gazza' because of whatever he was or is now, but as a person he is clearly ill.

Anyone who watches the film is joining in the voyeurism.

Of course the outcome is a million miles from what the programme makers were hoping for at the outset.

I have no interest in 'Gazza' because of whatever he was or is now, but as a person he is clearly ill.

No way I'll be watching it. It's difficult to point to too many 'celebrities' who have put genuine pleasure into my life but Gascoigne is one of them. I wish I could help him.

We'll all watch it.

Unless it's on Sky.

He's lost my sympathy, he's had every chance and he's gone back to getting pissed and hitting his ex.

Reckon they will give him a new liver like that other well known footballer? :rolleyes:

I can remember being a kid and seeing him stood outside the local pub waiting for them to open. He'd have a bunch of toe-rags with him who milked him for free drinks according to my dad. Very sad to hear he is back to this kind of lifestlye, drinking himself to an early grave.

Is this really news, though?

I remember him on Spitting Image "Shall I light one of me fags" and crying all the time.

I also remember that marvellous moment when he came out of some building, walked up to the reporter who, with high anticipation, held out his mic only for Gazza to burp into it and carry on walking. There's just a brief excerpt of it on You Tube...

Infamy, infamy...