House Price Crash Forum

No One Wants To Be A Millionaire! Chris Tarrant Says Recession-Hit Contestants Reluctant To Gamble Winnings

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2356691/Chris-Tarrant-says-recession-hit-Who-Wants-To-Be-A-Millionaire-contestants-reluctant-gamble-winnings.html

Quizmaster Chris Tarrant has claimed that recession weary contestants are no longer keen to bid for the top prize on his show.

The Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? host claims participants on show are far more reticent about gambling money they have won to go for the £1million jackpot, and Tarrant, 66, believes the current recession is to blame.

Chris, famed for his dramatic pauses, said he is also surprised the £1million top prize has survived inflation over the 15 years of the TV show.

He said: ‘It’s weird that 15 years later £1million tax free is such a huge amount of money. I think it means more now than ever.’

I'm sure that the BoE will be doing it's level best to ensure £1m isn't a lot of money.

Perhaps the show is being targeted by contestants who want to grab as much cash as they can and flee. Why rob a bank if you can get £20k tax free by a appearing on a TV show?

HOLA442
HOLA443

Well Chris Tarrant obviously doesn't think £1m is a lot of money - it's just the price of one house to him - and he probably earns more than that from the BBC each year.

In the real world, the minimum wage is £6.31 an hour...

HOLA444
HOLA445

I must admit that Deal is rare guilty pleasure and mainly because moments like this.....

Loser...

Er, not to nit-pick or nowt like mate, but unless you're being ironic in some way, you just posted a clip of "Deal or No Deal" on a thread about "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire...?"

And you also referred to it as "Deal" - giving out the nuance that your shortened version of the (wrong) show's title bestows on you some kind of "insider" status.

So I'm guessing that you're Noel Edmonds, and I claim my £5.

Deal, or no deal...?

:)

XYY

HOLA446

Er, not to nit-pick or nowt like mate, but unless you're being ironic in some way, you just posted a clip of "Deal or No Deal" on a thread about "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire...?"

And you also referred to it as "Deal" - giving out the nuance that your shortened version of the (wrong) show's title bestows on you some kind of "insider" status.

So I'm guessing that you're Noel Edmonds, and I claim my £5.

Deal, or no deal...?

:)

XYY

The show hand picks "contestants" of modest means (and that's being generous,invariably they are flat broke). Therefore I considered its inclusion relevant. I'm not Edmonds.

Archived