House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Freeholder

Property Bee

Property Tracker, for Google Chrome, is still working fine.

Just made the switch. Fast browser. Neat app. Didn't realise it also provided you the price details from previous searches by other users. Thought it was pure local, just logging price changes with your own searches.

It's obviously missing the 'network effect' of Property-Bee. Clearly not as many users from some of the results I'm seeing. Think I'm the first to see some houses for sale in some of my search areas, and more so on the rental side. Going to be useful though.

When PB gets back, it needs to give that option again, to turn off 'Work in a bee' for any future issues, because the error messages when the server is down are a bit irritating.

I have lost interest in property bee, I don't work in a bee and still get constant "null" errors and the local database never seems to keep its updates, perhaps its me, but it just seems broken.

Shame really It was a great app. :(

Still works for me. Excellent bit of software.

Yes, the Bee has a lot more info then PropertyTracker which only shows pricing information.

However, PB is Firefox only while PT is Chrome only..

How is Property Bee funded? The cost of a dedicated server or two shouldn't be under estimated.

$20/month for a cloudy node?

You get a whole lot more power for that than for $2k/month back in the bad old days of not so long ago.

How is Property Bee funded? The cost of a dedicated server or two shouldn't be under estimated.

Through this deal of last year. Rather than the donations we used to make.

The future of Property Bee is assured (
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XX1o49qRE-IJ:www.property-bee.com/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D1%26t%3D12016+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk' rel="external nofollow">
).

Property Tracker on Chrome is fast though, compared to PB. Not sure if that's because there are fewer PT users or not, thus less information pinging back and forth.