House Price Crash Forum
Bloo Loo

Rates Are Rising

In the last fortnight, I have had two letters from two different credit card organisations.

These accounts are used for rolling credit, they are always paid on time with some balance left over, the overall amount reducing depending on business....

Both letters started something like this:

Dear Mark

We have been reviewing client accounts every year now and following this review, we are informing you your interest rate will be rising from x% to x+1%

we are sure you will be happy with our continued service.

If you dont agree to the changes, please take your business elsewhere by paying the amount in full.

Thank you.

Wally Trobber

customer satisfaction dept.

Will be closing both accounts to interest free forthwith.

And, where I have done this before and the balance of 0 makes the account look a little bare....I GUARANTEE that I will be offered a 0% rate within 6 months with the self same cards.

In the last fortnight, I have had two letters from two different credit card organisations.

These accounts are used for rolling credit, they are always paid on time with some balance left over, the overall amount reducing depending on business....

Dear Mark

We have been reviewing client accounts every year now and following this review, we are informing you your interest rate will be rising from x% to x+1%

If you dont agree to the changes, please take your business elsewhere by paying the amount in full.

Thank you.

Wally Trobber

And, where I have done this before and the balance of 0 makes the account look a little bare....I GUARANTEE that I will be offered a 0% rate within 6 months with the self same cards.

I only use cards where you can set up 100% payment by direct debit each month. The Santander 123 card is quite good, you don't need to use it much for the cashback to outweigh the monthly charge.

Dear Mark

Thank you.

Wally Trobber

Interestingly I've had no similar letters informing me of a rate increase on my savings accounts!

Not quite the same thing but HSBC have written to me telling me my business account will no longer be free from august, it'll be going up to £5 a month. Needless to say I'm now searching for a free one. I only make about 60 transactions a year all done electronically.

Not quite the same thing but HSBC have written to me telling me my business account will no longer be free from august, it'll be going up to £5 a month. Needless to say I'm now searching for a free one. I only make about 60 transactions a year all done electronically.

Can this not be done from a personal account?

I have a Nat West Business account which costs between £3 - £5 per month but all purchases are done by debit card we hardly ever write cheques these days or by bank transfer. Any money paid in is paid into my personal Nat West account (free of charge) and transferred electronically.

I need the business account for streamline and elavon card payments but if you don't have an arrangement like this why have a business account at all?

I wasn't aware that things could be done that way, I'm a Ltd company contractor and was under the impression I needed a company account.

I wasn't aware that things could be done that way, I'm a Ltd company contractor and was under the impression I needed a company account.

the company is not you, so IT needs an account.

confuse the two and you are likely to lose the benfits of LTD Liability.