House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlie Don't Surf

Ordered From Shop - Delivered By Mail. Covered By Distance Selling Regs?

My missus, out of the kindness of her heart, decided to order some paint from a local shop rather than online. They sent it off to the company and the paint arrived via UPS a day later. Obviously now she doesn't like the colour and we have £100 worth of paint that the paint company won't take back.

What I'm wondering is whether this counts as distance selling, as the paint came direct from the paint company and was not seen in the shop?

Thanks in advance.

My missus, out of the kindness of her heart, decided to order some paint from a local shop rather than online. They sent it off to the company and the paint arrived via UPS a day later. Obviously now she doesn't like the colour and we have £100 worth of paint that the paint company won't take back.

What I'm wondering is whether this counts as distance selling, as the paint came direct from the paint company and was not seen in the shop?

Thanks in advance.

could try: paint it that colour and if she doesn't like it tell her to f uck off? (joke)

Who did she pay?

Paid the shop...

If it is custom colour paint you are screwed either way, distance selling regs don't apply.

No, it's off the shelf.

Think she (meaning me) might just have to take it on the chin.

The moral of the story is, don't support the high street unless they offer unconditional returns.

Paid the shop...

No, it's off the shelf.

Think she (meaning me) might just have to take it on the chin.

The moral of the story is, don't support the high street unless they offer unconditional returns.

Stick it on ebay.

I'm a bit confused?

Did she go in to the shop and order and that was then subsequently delivered, if so I think in that case it would be a know.

As mentioned above however I think there are certain conditions with regard to the distance selling regs particularly in terms of custom orders (although you have confirmed this is not one).

I'm a bit confused?

Did she go in to the shop and order and that was then subsequently delivered, if so I think in that case it would be a know.

As mentioned above however I think there are certain conditions with regard to the distance selling regs particularly in terms of custom orders (although you have confirmed this is not one).

Paid in independent shop - paint arrived in post direct from paint company

Go out and paint the town with it. ;)

Yep, there's probably enough of it