House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

5,000-Year-Old Peruvian Pyramid 'demolished By Construction Companies'

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/5000yearold-peruvian-pyramid-demolished-by-construction-companies-8687308.html

A 5,000-year-old pyramid in Lima, Peru has been torn down by two private construction companies.

The El Paraiso pyramid, located in the San Martin de Porres, was one of 12 such structures spread over a 64 hectare area, making up one of the Americas' oldest archaeological sites.

Archaeologist Marco Guillén Hugo, who was in charge of the research and excavation of the site, told the El Comercio newspaper that he had reason to believe that Compañía y Promotora Provelanz E.I.R.L and Alisol S.A.C Ambas were the private companies behind the destruction.

“This isn’t the first time they have tried to take over this land,” he said. “They say they are the owners, even though this land is untouchable.”

Are they going to build some expensive flats there?

Think they did the same in saudi to build some flats in Mecca. Although apparently that was because the infidel ottoman ruins were an affront to their own new improved ultra superior brand of saudi islamism, rather than a 'mistake'

I always wondered why most if not all ancient civilizations have built pyramids, I mean what's so special about the pyramid shape? It's not like it's a practical building form.

I always wondered why most if not all ancient civilizations have built pyramids, I mean what's so special about the pyramid shape? It's not like it's a practical building form.

It's an easy way to build something very big and hence impressive. They're essentially neat piles of stones.

It's an easy way to build something very big and hence impressive. They're essentially neat piles of stones.

And they all had nothing better to do than build something impressive for the heck of it?

Somehow I doubt it.

---

Launch ramps. For the Gods.

And they all had nothing better to do than build something impressive for the heck of it?

Somehow I doubt it.

---

They didn't have telly.