House Price Crash Forum
Wurzel Of Highbridge

Boe Meeting Today. -- multiple threads merged

Well it's Carneys first committee meeting at BOE today, he is currently in front of the mirror learning the bullet point that have been supplied to him in advance.

I suppose the big decision of the day is Custard Cream or Chocolate Chip Cookie with the cup of tea.

Merv left him one of those hand written notes before he left office:-

Good luck in the new job, don't forget to inflation index your pension.

P.S The country is broke, but that is something you knew anyway.

Love Merv.

Edited by Gone to Ireland.

Well it's Carneys first committee meeting at BOE today, he is currently in front of the mirror learning the bullet point that have been supplied to him in advance.

I suppose the big decision of the day is Custard Cream or Chocolate Chip Cookie with the cup of tea.

Nah, his world-improving bitch of a wife has replaced the treats with rice crackers and ginseng.

:lol:

Carney in Canada delivered about double the number of speeches King gave, during the past four years. Can only hope he is here to get tough, and effect what Norman Lamont says is needed, then head of back to Canada in 5 years.

The hard truth, he added, was that British households had borrowed too much during the years before the credit crisis and now had to pay it off.

He said: "QE is an attempt to avoid the necessary adjustment. "(Mark Carney's) role is not to find a monetary silver bullet but to deliver some hard message that a debt work out is exactly that - tough, unremitting, but the only way to get the economy back into better shape."

What does Carney do today?

Ideally he'd like to keep quiet for a while, but it will look odd if he votes for no QE now, then changes his mind in a month or two.

Or he votes for more QE now and gets outvoted straight away!

Carney means meat in many languages...we have Carnivor, the French Carne, etc etc

so we are having a meat meeting?

One thing Carney has going for us is that to the best of my knowledge he is not a London Homeowner or a London Landlord, so he and his wife will be wanting prices to fall.

Carney is a central banker.

His sole purpose in life is to protect the banking system.

Carney is a central banker.

His sole purpose in life is to protect the banking system.

So as a banker you believe that he puts the banks interests before himself? :lol:

FFS! He is a banker, listen to the anglo tapes or Keiser to find out what his kind are really like. He eill not think twice about putting his and his families own self interests before the rest of the country.

So as a banker you believe that he puts the banks interests before himself? :lol:

FFS! He is a banker, listen to the anglo tapes or Keiser to find out what his kind are really like. He eill not think twice about putting his and his families own self interests before the rest of the country.

Houses wont interest him particularly...he has a stupendous income, probably millions in savings, and doing good for the "system" will earn him a place on Elysium.

Houses wont interest him particularly...he has a stupendous income, probably millions in savings, and doing good for the "system" will earn him a place on Elysium.

If this is the case do you not think that he would want to protect his savings?

You do realise he is just a puppet. He will not have the final say on any idea he comes up with.

If this is the case do you not think that he would want to protect his savings?

he already has.

really, you dont think the inner banking elites dont know whats going on do you?

BOE Warns On Rate Expectations After Carney's First Vote

By Jason Douglas LONDON--Mark Carney's debut as chairman of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee concluded with an unusual warning that heightened expectations among investors of a tightening in policy were not warranted by economic developments. The meeting concluded without any change to the central bank's policy settings, amid signs that a fledgling recovery in the U.K. economy is gathering pace. The BOE's benchmark interest rate was held at 0.5% and the size of its bond-buying stimulus program was kept at 375 billion pounds ($568 billion) following the MPC's two-day meeting, the BOE said.

Party continues.

Edited by easy2012

green shoots...much easier to say than fledgling recovereh.

Carney Blarney

Compare the style of today's release with the traditional one:

June statement

July statement

Yes. This is all part of the new policy of forward guidance, to attempt to lessen the impact of any changes in QE or IR.

Certainly for me though this just confirms what I think (and what I think most people on here say). The "recovery" is weak, they can't raise IRs or stop QE or they will wreck it. But if the US raises rates they will have no choice. There is no alternative to QE here except massive cuts in spending. These will be hugely unpopular and the position seems to me to be totally dictated by Obama rather than Cameron.

green shoots...much easier to say than fledgling recovereh.

Carney Blarney

Hey, pretty good! :D I think that'll catch on if he continues to be seen as just a talker and is in fact soft on inflation and follows his predecesspr and continues to slap the easiest demographic (savers).

I thought that was the plan, target GDP 'growth' let inflation rip, print to keep spending and use FLS, HtB etc to get property prices up for the election; recovery and hpi are sure fire vote winners. Worry about the devalued pound and inflation later ....

how does that work with our trade deficit?

The "recovery" is weak, they can't raise IRs or stop QE or they will wreck it.

The position is the same in America. There is no recovery. They have boxed themselves in and don't know what to do.

I thought that was the plan, target GDP 'growth' let inflation rip, print to keep spending and use FLS, HtB etc to get property prices up for the election; recovery and hpi are sure fire vote winners. Worry about the devalued pound and inflation later ....

I just get the nagging feeling that won't work.

The reason we have survived to date is that we are not exceptional in the market place. Everyone is doing the same thing. But once divergence occurs or divergence seems baked in then to me that is the end point.

I don't see the "let inflation rip" position as being in any way targetable.