House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

inflating

Three-Year-Old Dials 999 For Unconscious, Injured Mum & Unlocks Door

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/toddler-calls-999-unconscious-mum-172054433.html#rnyTrXb

In a recording of the 999 call a West Midlands Police contact centre officer can be heard to ask "What's the matter?" to which Taylor replies: "My mummy has hurt herself."

He can then be heard calling out to Ms Price before the call cuts out. Operators tried to return the call but were unable to get an answer.

However, they managed to trace the call to Foleshill, Coventry.

PC Claudette Jordan, who was one of the first police officers on the scene, said: "We couldn't believe it when the paramedics told us that Taylor had found the front door keys and unlocked the door to let them in.

It says his grandfather taught him how to dial 999, but anyway I think if you press any mobile phone key 4 or more times it connects to the emergency services by default, doesn't it, hence the unintentional silent calls to 999/112 that mobiles make.

Bright lad, nonetheless, so he'll never get a job at the Bank of England.

Impressive.

I don't think you should underestimate children! :blink: