House Price Crash Forum
Bruce Banner

So What's Going On Today?

classicegyptthenile.jpg

haven't watched BBC news for some weeks. Then I accidentally tuned in last night and ended up watching Sharia News.

I was amazed Jeremy (Biased) Bowen still has a job given the money he has cost the BBC covering up his biased reporting.

Edited by Secure Tenant

I was amazed Jeremy (Biased) Bowen still has a job given the money he has cost the BBC covering up his biased reporting.

Funny, I’ve always thought Bowen was far too soft on that state, I suspect due to the fact that any negative reporting on that state results in thousands of calls of complaint to the BBC, letter to MPs etc… as for as section of the population that state can do no wrong..

They should take him off the news and give him another series of Bullseye.

Half day in the US markets and then closed tomorrow whilst they all remember a British civil war and rejoice in defeating the evil British. Then back to fighting men in turbans on Friday.

Good timing market wise for an Egyptian coup.

portugal look like they dont want to enforce the terms of the troika with regards to austerity.

greece look like they will fail to implement the austerity as agreed.

now the troika may just say like before , well give you more time, but it looks like the markets have their own opinion on the matter.

the bailout never fixed any of the problems. it simply bought more time, but now even that extra time is running thin.

If I ran a tea company I would make a major marketing push for tea on July 4th...either for drinking it in defiance of the Brits or just chucking it in a river.

I suspect that a huge chunk of Americans do not know what tea is let alone have actually drunk it. You would need to market it with women in bikinis firing machine guns.

Friday will be interesting on the markets.

I suspect that a huge chunk of Americans do not know what tea is let alone have actually drunk it.

You get unspeakable muck called iced tea served everywhere! Great big jugs served free with your meal because I suspect few would actually pay for it.

Guest eight

the bailout never fixed any of the problems. it simply bought more time, but now even that extra time is running thin.

When you say time, do you mean money?

FTSE down 1.6%, Sterling rising against Euro, but no mention on the TV News channels.

Equities appear to have peaked in mid/late May US, UK, DAX etc

Expect to go below 200 Day moving averages... :D

Edited by Killer Bunny

I suspect that a huge chunk of Americans do not know what tea is let alone have actually drunk it. You would need to market it with women in bikinis firing machine guns.

Friday will be interesting on the markets.

The UK Tea Council could sponsor a professional wrestler called Earl Grey.

They are related:

Time = Assets x Money2

(what this means is that if they keep increasing the money supply, you'll never have enough time to buy a home)

h/t Einstein

isn't that distance?

They are related:

Time = Assets x Money2

(what this means is that if they keep increasing the money supply, you'll never have enough time to buy a home)

h/t Einstein

Equity=Mortgage x Subsidy2

Humanity fallout in the land of Syria.

BB see excess payouts in entitlement land.

Cover it up hush money, we pay for any nation in NHS land.

I want £10k more, I am in I am worth it land.

Carry on regardless, another bailout or suffer the consequences land.

Get me out of here....I am a celebrity, got the x factor and so much talent.

;)

Military coup in Egypt good for US markets on eve of July 4th independence day - irony is lost on the Yanks.

It's all Bernanke's fault! The Krugmanite goon blew up the world... again.

Plotting global food prices, as measured using the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization’s (FAO’s) Food Price Index, against the dates of recent unrest the researchers found a high degree of correlation between the high food prices and periods of instability. The chart above (from the CSI report) covers the period from January 2004 to May 2011.

When the FOA’s Food Price Index climbed above the threshold level of 210 the researchers found that conditions tend to ripen into periods of social unrest. The study doesn’t claim that a breach of the 210 level immediately leads to riots, just that the probability of instability becomes much greater.

fao-food-index-2001-2013.jpg