House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Do You Think, Perhaps, It Is The Asking Price?

42626_1152334_IMG_00_0001_max_620x414.jpg

5 bedroom detached house for sale

£695,000

40 Caswell Road, Caswell, Swansea

03 July 2013 09:46:18

Price changed: £725,000 £695,000

26 April 2013 11:43:52

Agents Telephone changed: 08433152818 01792939034

11 February 2013 20:47:47

Status changed: null

02 December 2012 19:48:20

Status changed: Premium Listing Listing, null

28 March 2012 13:39:13

Brief Description changed: A 1930 s 1930's detached family home set in super lawned gardens of over half an acre. Located in the prestigious coastal village of Caswell, ideally situated for award winning beaches, beautiful coastal walks and Mumbles Village with its variety of boutique style shops, restaurants and trendy cafe s. cafe's. E...

Status changed: Available Premium Listing

26 March 2012 15:00:35

Brief Description changed: A 1930's 1930 s detached family home set in super lawned gardens of over half an acre. Located in the prestigious coastal village of Caswell, ideally situated for award winning beaches, beautiful coastal walks and Mumbles Village with its variety of boutique style shops, restaurants and trendy cafe's. cafe s. E...

Status changed: Premium Listing Available

09 February 2012 15:01:40

Status changed: Available Premium Listing

23 October 2011 18:03:43

Brief Description changed: A 1930 s 1930's detached family home set in super lawned gardens of over half an acre. Located in the prestigious coastal village of Caswell, ideally situated for award winning beaches, beautiful coastal walks and Mumbles Village with its variety of boutique style shops, restaurants and trendy cafe s. cafe's. E...

10 August 2011 12:35:05

Status changed: Sold STC Available

10 August 2011 11:49:03

Agents Address found: 103 Newton Road Mumbles SA3 4BN

Detailed Description found: Tenure: Freehold A 1930 s detached family home set in super lawned gardens of over half an acre. Located in the prestigious coastal village of Caswell, ideally situated for award winning beaches, beau...

26 February 2011 22:12:50

Status changed: Available Sold STC

15 January 2011 13:22:20

Brief Description changed: A 1930 s detached family home set in super lawned gardens of over half an acre. Located in the prestigious coastal village of Caswell, ideally situated for award winning beaches, beautiful coastal walks and Mumbles Village with its variety of boutique style shops, restaurants and trendy cafe s. T... E...

23 November 2010 09:20:13

Agents Telephone found: 08433152818

23 November 2010 00:34:28

Agent found: Gower Coast Properties

Agents Location found: Mumbles

23 November 2010 00:06:53

Price changed: £795,000 £725,000

20 August 2010 21:11:48

Brief Description changed: A 1930's 1930 s detached family home set in super lawned gardens of over half an acre. Located in the prestigious coastal village of Caswell, ideally situated for award winning beaches, beautiful coastal walks and Mumbles Village with its variety of boutique style shops, restaurants and trendy cafe's. cafe s. T...

16 August 2010 01:02:30

Brief Description changed: A 1930 s 1930's detached family home set in super lawned gardens of over half an acre. Located in the prestigious coastal village of Caswell, ideally situated for award winning beaches, beautiful coastal walks and Mumbles Village with its variety of boutique style shops, restaurants and trendy cafe s. cafe's. T...

14 May 2010 10:32:09

Brief Description changed: A 1930's 1930 s detached family home set in super lawned gardens of over half an acre. Located in the prestigious coastal village of Caswell, ideally situated for award winning beaches, beautiful coastal walks and Mumbles Village with its variety of boutique style shops, restaurants and trendy cafe's. cafe s. T...

28 May 2009 17:57:00

Brief Description found: A 1930's detached family home set in super lawned gardens of over half an acre. Located in the prestigious coastal village of Caswell, ideally situated for award winning beaches, beautiful coastal wal...

Price found: £795,000

Status found: Available

Subtitle found: 5 bedroom detached house

Title found: 40 Caswell Road, Caswell, Swansea

I can only assume that the Boomer occupier is hopelessly insolvent and needs 800k to pay back the mortgage and buy a 1 bed flat.

I know of 3 other boomers in a very similar situation. Toxic combination of retiring early, MEW, overspending, believing in pensions etc..

Once rates rise you will see gafs like this being repossessed as banks scramble to get their capital back.

Swansea is going to become even more special

area_map.png

there may be genuine movement in property .............er............prices

Swansea is going to become even more special

there may be genuine movement in property .............er............prices

I do sometimes wonder if people remember that we used to mine coal in many of these areas. Coal mining generates far more contaminated water, triggers minor earthquakes and leaves huge, dangerous spoil heaps behind - it's much worse than any fracking operation.

I do sometimes wonder if people remember that we used to mine coal in many of these areas. Coal mining generates far more contaminated water, triggers minor earthquakes and leaves huge, dangerous spoil heaps behind - it's much worse than any fracking operation.

The banks require buyers in large parts of Swansea to get mining surveys - which adds to the time and costs of buying. When you get to the Gower penisular you are relatively safe but lots of people are now unaware of mining that took place under leafy Swansea West.

The closest the above house has come to a mine is probably someone building a sand castle on a nearby beach.

There was a map of potential shale gas sites on HPC recently and it looked like a lot of the potential shale gas is near old coal mining areas - so those areas have just come out of the coal industry blight and are likely to be about to enter a shale industry blight.

There was a map of potential shale gas sites on HPC recently and it looked like a lot of the potential shale gas is near old coal mining areas - so those areas have just come out of the coal industry blight and are likely to be about to enter a shale industry blight.

Might help reduce some unemployment blight.

Might help reduce some unemployment blight.

Indeed and at one time in those areas there was a push for more manufacturing jobs to replace coal jobs but a lot of that went by the board in the push for debt, votes and the easy way out and to be mainly replaced by public sector jobs and benefits.

Relative to its impact on housing coal/shale industry blight likely has more impact than the benefit of shale jobs but I suppose like a lot of things it depends on the numbers involved. If shale gas money helps to boost localities like oil sometimes does then it might be a positive but if the environmental impact is greater then on balance it might be detrimental like the coal and oil industry often are. Then there's the reported risk of shale gas release and so on.

Edited by billybong

those jobs are going to be brought in .......its a pretty niche speciality , from a small international pool of workers ... Fairly jack free I would have thought .

apart from the HGVS

Edited by Tankus

Sure, and what exactly was the average house price in Swansea in those days??

:lol:

Swansea is special ;)

Tis my birthplace so it will always be special to me , salute to the immortal Windsor cafe oh and RIP Sweetmans bakery, your corned beef pasties will be missed!

As for the house price thats just comical looks like a nice house but seriously there must be no more than 300k's worth of bricks and mortar there!

As any EA will tell you ... it has been SOLD but the purchaser could not proceed due to some personal issue. They just need to up the price to get the right type of buyer. People from London will look at the price and assume something is wrong with it as it is so cheap.

We need a more accurate abbreviation:

SSABSS

Sold (subject to actually being sold. someday...)

Prestigious? So prestigious they felt the need to scrimp a few quid for a flat roof front extension and the cheapest upvc windows they could find.

Agreed. Plus the Velux on the front aspect of the roof. It may be big, but it is an ugly tasteless mess.