House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
inflating

Yahoo Tells Us Why Uk Interest Rates Are Not Going Anywhere

A better way

House prices smashed. Unemployment through the roof. A massive increase in austerity and cuts. A far less generous state.

If rates were to rise to “normal” levels you might earn more on your savings, but your house would be worth far less and you’d almost certainly pay more in tax and get less from your state pension.

But there is a better way. If you’re unhappy with the return on your savings, there are plenty of ways to get better returns that won’t result in the economic fallout rising rates would entail: Credit unions; peer-to-peer lenders; as well as stocks and shares ISAs can all produce returns well above the rate of inflation.

Moving your money to get higher returns now is a far safer way to beat rising prices than hoping interest rates rise in the future.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/raising-interest-rates-would-be-catastrophic-105407890.html

The man is a genius.

Plenty of Yahooers appreciating his gobsmacking intelligence and foresight, eg:

Mike • 1 day 10 hours ago Report Abuse

Rubbish! It is low interest rates and easy money that have artificially pushed up house prices forcing a whole generation to be trapped as renters. The landlords use easy money to buy up houses and working people can struggle for 10-40 years to save enough for a deposit. Low interest rates only benefit the feckless, the rich (they don’t save in poor return saving accounts) and the ‘pay tomorrow’ brigade (including government).

Edited by inflating

A far less generous state :lol:

I didnt know destroying savings, pensions and purchasing power was considered generosity...

QE has done so much for income and wealth inequality afterall :rolleyes:

What are these sickos sniffing? I want some.

Yes, i know, its nothing more than a 'buy shares' propaganda shout,

A far less generous state :lol:

I didnt know destroying savings, pensions and purchasing power was considered generosity...

QE has done so much for income and wealth inequality afterall :rolleyes:

What are these sickos sniffing? I want some.

Yes, i know, its nothing more than a 'buy shares' propaganda shout,

I'm guessing he's about 19 and 3/4 after writing an article like that.