House Price Crash Forum

Thrill-Seeking Freerunner Tours Cambridge Rooftops

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

This stuff thrills me and makes me sick in equal measure. Alain Robert is still alive AFAIK.

When I was 15 we went on a family holiday to somewhere in France. Our Gite was a bit boring; so we found a river beach next to a campsite a couple of miles down the road. The excitement arose because the river beach lagoon was just prior to a weir- swimming up to a weir, standing on it until you lose your footing, and then toppling over is a decent thrill the first few times.

But we quickly noticed that the cool French kids weren't interested in just riding the weir- they were mounting the 2 metre high concrete structure on one side of it and then jumping off it into the weir foam, a drop of 3.5-4 metres. It took me about 30 minutes to work up the courage, in which time I was stung by an angry wasp who objected to me clanging back and forth over his nest. I can still remember the moment of sheer adrenaline when I launched myself for the first time and looked down to see 4m+ of clear air below me. But I landed in the foam and was fine.

So far, so unimpressive. But the really cool French kids weren't jumping in, they were diving in. I'd even clocked that it was shallow, and that they were in effect belly flopping with a cursory forward lean at the moment of impact to look like a dive. But pressure to perform, even for your own ego, can make one make foolish mistakes, and I went in more or less head first vertical.

In the event my arms took up most of the impact on the gravelly weir floor, and my head only hit it hard enough to put a bunch of cuts on my forehead that went unnoticed (by my parents) amongst my teenage zits- my neck didn't snap.

It woke me up though. I'd be lying if I said that I've never taken a risk since, but I'm not silly. I would still hang one handed off a massive crane- but only if I had a parachute.

HOLA444

That dick jump onto someone ridge tiles from quite a height ..I wonder if he paid for the damage to the tiles and for the homeowner to pay for scaffolding to get it fixed right .....I hope he tries it on my house as my dogs would be waiting for him to land and when they finished chewing on him he would be getting my foot up his ****......

Archived