House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

'five Depots Closing... Awesome Teamwork, Courageous Leadership': Tesco Distribution Boss Tweets His Delight After Pushing Through 2,000 Job Losses

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2353652/Tesco-distribution-boss-tweets-delight-pushing-hundreds-job-losses.html

'Five depots closing... awesome teamwork, courageous leadership': Tesco distribution boss tweets his delight after pushing through 2,000 job losses

Distribution director Steve Strachota described the news as 'a bit of luck'

Among closing Tesco depots are those at Harlow, Weybridge and Chesterfield

Harlow MP Robert Halfon slammed move as 'callous'

article-2353652-1A9FFC14000005DC-784_636x318.jpg

Nice. You can't beat modern managerialism, when it goes well it's all down to you when it goes wrong it's the proles fault because they aren't working hard enough.

Weybridge is closing? Blimey that's unexpected there's a massive Tesco store just up the road from that depot.

In fairness, the Tesco RDC at Weybridge is hopelessly outdated and poorly located, I've been there many times and it's like entering a 1960's time warp. The RDC would be better re-located to a site next to the M25 (after all, we all hate those nasty juggernauts driving through our neighbourhood, even more so if we live in Weybridge ;) ) and the site would be better given over to housing.

In fairness, the Tesco RDC at Weybridge is hopelessly outdated and poorly located, I've been there many times and it's like entering a 1960's time warp. The RDC would be better re-located to a site next to the M25 (after all, we all hate those nasty juggernauts driving through our neighbourhood, even more so if we live in Weybridge ;) ) and the site would be better given over to housing.

Doesn't stop him being a dick for tweeting about it though.

Probably dozens of workers 'liking' his tweet. I remember one of the companies I worked for about 10 years ago had Allan leighton come in with his boardroom buddies . You'd think god himself walked in the way all the office Brown nosers started with their fawning and gushing, excited to meet 'that chap who was on the telly once' When he with his buddies announced they were going to close the place that quickly wiped the smiles off their stupid celebrity worshipping brown nose faces.

When will people get it, these wackos arent anything special, theyre just in the right place or know the right people.

1. Bellend for using twitter

2. bellend for even saying something this stupid in public

3. Tesco.

I think you mean #bellend ;)

But +1 - seriously where did his #commonsense go?

This is actually a positive sign for the Tesco empire - that they are still capable of decisive action that may enable their organisation to compete (I try and avoid their supermarkets personally, which is hard as they've sewn up this part of London)

Poor public relations admitedly. But if companies aren't pro-active and decisive in this type of thing, they go under quicker than ever.

This is actually a positive sign for the Tesco empire - that they are still capable of decisive action that may enable their organisation to compete (I try and avoid their supermarkets personally, which is hard as they've sewn up this part of London)

Poor public relations admitedly. But if companies aren't pro-active and decisive in this type of thing, they go under quicker than ever.

No need to publicly crow about it though, is there?

Transport infrastructure has to constantly develop, and over the next 10-15 years (taking me out to retirement age!) there will be massive changes.

At the moment, Tesco would be better served by improving the quality of the product they offer IMO.....

It'll mean that the free workers will have to go back to signing on.

They just decided to become feckless (again).

Edited by Secure Tenant

If I was involved in crisis PR management, I'd issue a statement saying that the tweet was misinterpreted, what he was referring to is how well his team handled a very difficult and heartbreaking situation for all concerned and that the 'bit of luck 'referred to being able to avoid making 4,000 people redundant, utmost respect for all workers, lessons have been learned etc etc etc... ;)

If Tesco is reading this, I am available for consultancy work. Please contact goebbels@prnet.co.uk