House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Sixty Quid To See A Friendly

Now I have seen everything...What's the betting that they wont bring a 1st XI down either...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23147193

Bournemouth are to host European giants Real Madrid in a pre-season friendly at Goldsands Stadium later this month. Ticket prices for the match, which takes place on 21 July, have been set at £55 for season ticket holders and £60 for non-season ticket holders. The game is the first of the Spanish club's pre-season schedule.

"They've got their first team coming, except the three boys that played in the Confederations Cup," Bournemouth chairman Eddie Mitchell said.

He added to BBC Radio Solent: "We've met their requirements and they are on their way."

Mitchell hopes the match between the newly promoted Championship side and the Spanish La Liga runners-up will benefit the Cherries both on and off the field.

"Life is about building relationships and hopefully there will be further communications with them down the line," he said.

"It's the right publicity for the club and gives us a chance to showcase what we do here. If we side-step opportunities like this then we aren't showing much ambition at all."

Tickets are on sale at £45 for concessions, £30 for under-16s and £80 for executive seats, with a £5 reduction for season ticket holders.

I'd rather pay £60 to watch Real Madrid than £20 to see Gillingham or whatever.

The Real Madrid first team going full throttle, yes. However half the full squad will be left behind in Madrid and the other half will get a few minutes at most.

There will always be one that will pay anything for anything.......they are hoping there will be more that just the one. ;)

A different view..... Plenty of people will pay £60 + to watch a concert... A standard night out on the beer in Bournemouth will be more than £60.

If I were a die hard Bournemouth supporter I would love to be part of the occasion. They will easily sell the tickets.

The chance to see World class players at Bournemouth... No brainer !!

Once in a lifetime for some.

I have seen some of the worlds finest players in friendly games. I will always remember as a kid watching watching Cryuff kick the ball against the corner flag and making it rebound back to him in a friendly at the Bridge. Can`t remember what it cost to watch going back all those years but I will never forget. Priceless !!

A different view..... Plenty of people will pay £60 + to watch a concert... A standard night out on the beer in Bournemouth will be more than £60.

If I were a die hard Bournemouth supporter I would love to be part of the occasion. They will easily sell the tickets.

The chance to see World class players at Bournemouth... No brainer !!

Once in a lifetime for some.

I have seen some of the worlds finest players in friendly games. I will always remember as a kid watching watching Cryuff kick the ball against the corner flag and making it rebound back to him in a friendly at the Bridge. Can`t remember what it cost to watch going back all those years but I will never forget. Priceless !!

Plenty of people will indeed pay sixty quid to watch a concert, but would you pay sixty quid to watch the understudies. Will this be the real Real Madrid or the third team. I have watched pre-season friendlies before and usually when it is a mismatch the bigger team brings out the apprentices.

Plenty of people will indeed pay sixty quid to watch a concert, but would you pay sixty quid to watch the understudies. Will this be the real Real Madrid or the third team. I have watched pre-season friendlies before and usually when it is a mismatch the bigger team brings out the apprentices.

I agree with this... However based on the Chairmans comment

"They've got their first team coming, except the three boys that played in the Confederations Cup," Bournemouth chairman Eddie Mitchell said.

He added to BBC Radio Solent: "We've met their requirements and they are on their way."

I would be prepared to take that risk and have the right to moan like buggery after the event if I did not see some of the big names on the pitch for a period of time.

Being a Chelsea supporter I do not have this issue as I watch the biggest names year in and year out home and away. :D

Guest eight

I agree with this... However based on the Chairmans comment

I would be prepared to take that risk and have the right to moan like buggery after the event if I did not see some of the big names on the pitch for a period of time.

Being a Chelsea supporter I do not have this issue as I watch the biggest names year in and year out home and away. :D

I wouldn't want to be know for the rest of my life as "Des M*****ter, the Bournemouth trialist who ended Ronaldo's career" though.