House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bemusedmover

Estate Agents Now "wise" To Propertybee

As the title states, I have noticed a new trend amongst most of my watched properties....

some I have watched it happen almost live.

Basically properties which originally had lots of history, disappear only to re - emerge as new instructions - all previous history disappears, even off my saved properties which now show up as no longer on market.

EPC regs also have changed so looking at the date of EPC is now much harder too

I am gutted a whole year of research is now mainly trashed :angry:

So what other options do I have ?

So what other options do I have ?

Well this isn't new and a lot of agents recycle their property listings after a while.

I used to open up an interesting property and take a print off the screen with the property bee history included, quite easy to do and not much of a bind. You can always print off the agents details, many of which also have the price listed. Not quite propertybee perfect but you'll get the hang of it.

You will be surprised how much you will remember about your favourites. Anyway don't be deterred, thorough research will get you the property that you want hopefully at the right price.

It's not rocket science to keep track of things - in my experience Property Bee is far from brilliant anyway.

I keep a running list of maybe 30-40 houses I'm interested in. Some are possible purchases but optimistically priced. Some are benchmarks in attractive areas. Every couple of months I do a quick sweep of Rightmove and just note down the changes. For some particularly interesting houses, I have pinned them on Google Earth with the prices in the comments.

It's clear that virtually nothing in my price bracket gets sold without a substantial discount on asking price, usually after a long, long delay and frequently a change of agent. A good proportion come off the market, only to come back on 6-18 months later, which PB wouldn't pick up anyway.

My favourite is a house that has been on the market for at least 4 years, when I picked up the original brochure. It's price has dropped by £75k, but then also gone up by £225k above original, despite cutting a part of the land off the side for a new build with new planning permission. I just can't understand why such a bargain hasn't sold. :rolleyes: It has no PB history.

Edited by Stainless Sam

Completely agree with all the above - thanks guys

...........stupidly I thought that saving the property protected ALL the info :huh:

from now on I will save them properly!!!!

In the area I am interested in (North Wales) people seem to have interesting ideas about what property is worth

for example one road I keep an eye on is full of dam near identical properties, cheapest is up for £135k at the other end a worse one wants £170K :lol:

....may finally look at zoopla (which I hate) - apparently it gives more info than it used to

Is anyone's property-bee down? my hasn't worked since yesterday.

seems to have been down since this morning

yesterday it was slow and had a banner up saying they were doing maintenance

hope its back soon - zoopla sucks :(

EA's do re-list things, which previously wasn't a major issue as unlisted properties could be saved and revisited with the old history still there in full to view (there are a few I'd been following that way, and I always laughed when the new listings say things like 'new to the market', despite having been sat there previously listed for 6 months) Unfortunately there seems to have been a change to Right Move that means now when a property is unlisted is doesn't link up with the history, so it has no history at all. There's a post of the property bee forums about it, and it does make it harder to track previous fallen through sales and price drops etc.

Also, yeah there seems to be something up with PB at the moment, I'm getting a lot of error messages from it today.

PropertyBee was good in its day.

But AIUI its developer lost interest and now does minimal maintenance. And nowadays Zoopla - and to a lesser extent Rightmove - give you most of the really relevant information anyway. So why bother?

EA's do re-list things, which previously wasn't a major issue as unlisted properties could be saved and revisited with the old history still there in full to view (there are a few I'd been following that way, and I always laughed when the new listings say things like 'new to the market', despite having been sat there previously listed for 6 months) Unfortunately there seems to have been a change to Right Move that means now when a property is unlisted is doesn't link up with the history, so it has no history at all. There's a post of the property bee forums about it, and it does make it harder to track previous fallen through sales and price drops etc.

Also, yeah there seems to be something up with PB at the moment, I'm getting a lot of error messages from it today.

We fell out with our EA recently and came off the market........

happily noted that we had completely disappeared off Rightmove

went on with an out of area EA who will soon be a local one..........

was horrified that Rightmove plus had allowed him to print off all our previous details

still at least joe public cant

anyone know how to get a free copy of rightmove plus???????????????????

Edit - to change "dodgy" to "free"

Edited by Bemusedmover

seems to have been down since this morning

yesterday it was slow and had a banner up saying they were doing maintenance

hope its back soon - zoopla sucks :(

Seems to have been down a few days now, and the homepage is also down. I'm aware of the deal done last year (cache).

It would be less irritating, whilst the server is down, if there was that option to turn off property-bee working 'in a bee' as previous versions used to have. To get rid of error messages whilst it can't hook up with the the server.