House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Wealthy New York Couple Say They Were Tricked Into Paying $50,000 For Kid's Finger Painting

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/wealthy-new-york-couple-say-they-were-tricked-into-paying-50000-for-kids-finger-painting-8681299.html

New York's well-heeled Upper East Side is agog over a row between a wealthy banker couple and their son's school over a child's finger painting.

Michelle Heinemann, the doyenne of a thousand exclusive gatherings and her husband Jon, an investment banker, are suing their son's school for $415,000 (£272,500).

The couple say they had intended to put in a winning bid for about $3,000 for the painting at a fundraising auction at the school their six-year-old son, Hudson Cornelius Heinemann, attended. But, say the couple, the Cathedral School of St John the Divine rigged the auction, landing them with a bill for $50,000.

"This is essentially a painting done by 5-year-olds," an unnamed source told the New York Post.

The Heinemanns were out of town - perhaps at their seafront mansion in Maine - when the auction occurred, so appointed a "Mrs Bryant", reportedly their son's first year teacher, to be their proxy bidder.

The lawsuit goes on: "Plaintiff’s son was consistently left out of school exhibits and films ... and was made to go last at nearly everything."

The school had allegedly agreed to drop all of Hudson's door-holding duties if the Heinemanns donated $6,000 worth of "designer clothing items" to the auction - and if "renowned artist" Michelle helped to create the fated painting.

The Heinemanns have now withdrawn their son from the school and are suing for costs and compensation, including $20,000 tuition fees for a new school, forfeited class fees for his little sister Hyacinth Cornelia and the salary of Hudson Cornelius's $60,000 a year chauffeur, whose job they want to save.

So this small child has his own chauffeur earning $60k a year? Surely this donation would have been a nice tax deduction?

Is this really all that much different to someone trying to recoup some prepaid lunch money for their other child after being subject to a fraud perpetrated on them by any other school? Seems reasonable to want to recoup the childminders fees too.

Just because the wording and the values involved appear to be a little excessive to many, why should that make a difference?

I am quite sure that Hudson Cornelius, after a youth of being chauffeured around, will follow in his parent's footsteps as bankers, and not display the slightest trace of behaviour suggesting entitlment or privilege.

No doubt his banker parents can afford his $60k chauffeur through their lifetime of productive work, manual labour, invention of things of great utility, and provision of services of great value too mankind.

Actually, I think both the parents and the sh*t school should embark on a decades-long campaign of counter-suing until the worthless useless parastic leeches bleed each other dry through shyster lawyer's fees.

They need to be wealthy & in private schools to pull off names like those.

Made me think of a cats name.

Damn, times have changed. The very bad things that happened to me and my younger brother at schools, not a penny. My brother is mentally disabled, he can't function in society, previously homeless etc his life is completely ruined because of the abuse he suffered. I wonder how much money you would get these days if you got knocked out by a teacher or another child was allowed to whack you over the head with a brick or for torture or child abuse etc.

Damn, times have changed. The very bad things that happened to me and my younger brother at schools, not a penny. My brother is mentally disabled, he can't function in society, previously homeless etc his life is completely ruined because of the abuse he suffered. I wonder how much money you would get these days if you got knocked out by a teacher or another child was allowed to whack you over the head with a brick or for torture or child abuse etc.

Sorry to hear that. I can understand what you are sayong as I suffered some brutal things in school and everyone turned a blind eye. I often think today how I would end up as a Daily Mail story when I read about the compensation culture today. I learnt very young that the world is full of s h i t s - children included.

I hope that your brother's life improves in some way.

Sorry to hear that. I can understand what you are sayong as I suffered some brutal things in school and everyone turned a blind eye. I often think today how I would end up as a Daily Mail story when I read about the compensation culture today. I learnt very young that the world is full of s h i t s - children included.

I hope that your brother's life improves in some way.

The reason for the lawsuit in the OP is that people at the top cannot refrain from being sh*ts. Even to each other.

The reason for the lawsuit in the OP is that people at the top cannot refrain from being sh*ts. Even to each other.

Indeed, to their child. A lot of sh!t befell my youth but I would have that over being an uncared for weak little chauffeur driven lily livered doomed from birth p!ss stain like Hudson Cornelious!

He will inherit the financial where with all, abandonment issues, repressed homosexuality, victim complex and phsychopathic narcissim that will create a homicidal, genocidal, maniac, the little git will kill us all!

Hopefully by then we will have mastered time and can simply murder his parents before they create Damien from The Omen.

Indeed, to their child. A lot of sh!t befell my youth but I would have that over being an uncared for weak little chauffeur driven lily livered doomed from birth p!ss stain like Hudson Cornelious!

He will inherit the financial where with all, abandonment issues, repressed homosexuality, victim complex and phsychopathic narcissim that will create a homicidal, genocidal, maniac, the little git will kill us all!

Hopefully by then we will have mastered time and can simply murder his parents before they create Damien from The Omen.

Lol... jealousy is a killer.

Guest eight

Lol... jealousy is a killer.

I always assumed the "Rich" part of your name was because you're called Richard. But instead it turns out you're actually just rich! :D

Guest eight

He will never hold a door again!

Are you going to break all his fingers?

Are you going to break all his fingers?

No need, his parents and teachers have most likely engendered a psychopathic hatred of doors. Perhaps, when he is King, he will ban them.