House Price Crash Forum
InlikeFlynn

Mark Carney Takes Over At The Bank Today

He'll want to show he means business I guess.

I wonder if he's actually been brought in to be "charismatic" and make it a bit sexy? For a central banker he is actually a looker.

That and blowing bubbles of course. I voted for QE resuming, which must happen at some point (what else do they know?).Cutting interest rates would be quite...bold. Can you vote for everything that's bad somehow, like a multiple choice? I stuck with resume QE anyway but that requires a vote. What can he do that doesn't require a vote?

NIRP.. 100% guaranteed for a decade.

Ban all news reports containing the word 'Canada' from the UK.

Government-fully-backed mortgages @ 0.5% over base rate for 'anyone who wants one'.

Extra £200bn printed and handed to George Osbourne for election bribes inteligent state investment.

Have a chuckle at the handwritten note that Merv's left on his desk.

"I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left. PS Don't forget to feed Libor the cat."

All he's got to do is keep the London property bubble bubbling until after the next election and not spark too much of a bond/sterling crisis.

Simples. Money for old rope if you ask me.

Banking is all about "front."

Where's the crack open a bottle of champers and congratulating himself on £450k a year and is it £250k living expenses. I would have thought he'd have a very smug grin on his face.

£874 k pa...

Where's the crack open a bottle of champers and congratulating himself on £450k a year and is it £250k living expenses. I would have thought he'd have a very smug grin on his face.

Thinking 'I'm getting £700k a year and I haven't a clue what I'm doing'..

Thinking 'I'm getting £700k a year and I haven't a clue what I'm doing'..

As highlighted by killerbunny, its far in excess of 700K, if it was thered be no point in taking part of it as housing allowance for tax purposes, ask your Public Sector MPs about why their expenses and living costs arent income

Edited by georgia o'keeffe

Be inducted with the ceremonial handing over of the password to the QE laptop.

Username : Gorgeousmark

Password : Lookatme

Edited by R K

I appreciate the BBC are a bunch of craven Statist lickspittles but comparing Carney to George Clooney highlights just how little objective criticism they're now capable of. What next? George Osbourne looks like Brad Pitt?

My link

Give me strength.

imagine - judging a man on the way he looks - thought that was only applied to the female of the species.

but it brings the status of the BBS intelligentsia to a new low and of course he had to take up his appt on Canada day - previously known as Dominion day! :rolleyes:

imagine - judging a man on the way he looks - thought that was only applied to the female of the species.

but it brings the status of the BBS intelligentsia to a new low and of course he had to take up his appt on Canada day - previously known as Dominion day! :rolleyes:

How people look, what they wear, how tall they are, how fit they are, what smile they have, body language is something people have always and will always judge others on.....looks can be deceiving.......you never get a second chance to make a good first impression, what happens after that is anyone's guess but has nothing to do with looks. ;)

ultimately he still only has one vote to cast.

merv voted for more QE however has been voted down 6-3 for the last 5 months in a row.